Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, Canada, Taiwan, and The United States
I still think ikeda is full of shit! NAPHA has made some screwy decisions and statements in the past and by their own admission did not even talk to Vaughan. There are always two sides to every story. I would still hunt with Vaughan.

As would I.

enysse

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
Northeast Wisconsin SCI chapter, Lifetime member of NRA,RMEF
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa (East Cape, Guateng and Limpopo)
Glad to see you guys (Mike416Rigby and Jaustin).....stand up for Vaughan.

Uncompahgre

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Member of
SCI, NRA, RMEF & CBA
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, Finland & USA
After reading the thread I contacted my friends in Namibia. They told me that Vaughan is a good person but is unfortunately having financial trouble and it is being reflected in his hunting operation. From what they told me it appears that Ikeda may not be alone of having the misfortune hunting with Vaughan recently.

johnfox

AH senior member
Reaction score
Member of
Sporting Shooters Association of Australia. Australian Deer Association
Hunted
Australia, New Zealand, Namibia
After reading the thread I contacted my friends in Namibia. They told me that Vaughan is a good person but is unfortunately having financial trouble and it is being reflected in his hunting operation. From what they told me it appears that Ikeda may not be alone of having the misfortune hunting with Vaughan recently.

Uncomphgre, check the date Ikeda posted his complaint, it's an old thread. What you've added is nothing more than malicious gossip.

FWIW, I haven't hunted with, and nor do I know Vaughn Fulton..

Uncompahgre

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Member of
SCI, NRA, RMEF & CBA
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, Finland & USA
Johnfox,
It is true that it is an old thread, but from what my friends told me, Fulton's misfortune has not improved. The global recession has affected several people all over the world especially outfitters relying on foreign hunters. My Namibian friends have also suffered the past couple of years and it has been a struggle for them to maintain the quality of their operation. It goes back to buyer beware.

Philip Glass

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH legend
Reaction score
Website
www.dorper.net
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Asia/M.East
Member of
NRA, Life SCI, Life DSC, Life EWA
Hunted
RSA, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Cameroon, Mongolia, Kyrgyzstan, Austria, Australia, TX, NM
I really believe it must be one of the hardest jobs to be a PH/guide for clients that are not physically up to the hunt. It is however a reality of modern life. When it comes to dangerous game the situation can be well... Dangerous for all involved.
I think some of this back and forth on this forum is good and helps the novice hunters to get some perspective on what can happen in a safari and why it happens.
Regards,
Philip

flatwater bill

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Asia/M.East
Member of
NRA endowment member/Life member
Hunted
NAMIBIA, RSA, KYRYG, KAZAKSTAN, MOZAMBIQUE,MEXICO, BOLIVIA, PERU, BRAZIL, ARGENTINA, CANADA, NEW ZEALAND, AUSTRALIA, SPAIN,
Regardless of which side you take,....this old thread, and those like it are very useful to hunters looking for a hunt. Philip...........you are quite right...this back and forth helps a lot. I recommend that when possible, contact references. and always ask for a couple more names...........of hunters who did NOT get their trophy. If they were happy, then it is likely a good operation. A hunting experience is an expensive purchase, and it is a lot more than killing an animal. I just found this thread, and it stirred up a lot of opinion..........FW Bill

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kobertymillis

Latest profile posts

Tally-Ho Hunting Safaris wrote on jfowler812's profile.
hi Mr fowler

im happy to do these deals for 2021

i will knock off 10% off each deal if you take 2 so $18000 per package

look forward to your response

regards
Mule deer and Colorado elk seasons almost done! Hunters driving farm roads, looking for racks, their PH driving them along, I ask that you not pull into my drive. The buck behind me, on the boundary line of the GMU somehow knows. The hunter laughs, I would invite you in to see my Searcy rifles but social distancing prevails, darkness arrives and the buck slides away into secret tree grove...
Boyd Brooks wrote on Skinnersblade's profile.
Ellwood Epps has 1 box of 25-20 in stock. Look them up on the web. They are located in Orilla Ontario.
Lkhntr wrote on Warpig602's profile.
On the vx6 2-12 what does the zl2 stand for?

Thanks, Oliver
bowjijohn wrote on AfricaHunting.com's profile.
Many thanks for re formatting my article for the forum

I served my time in both the bush and during the bush war

I hope it did it justice

Education is where it is at - without it the wild places are history

You - sir - are well placed to make a difference

J