NAMIBIA: Buffalo Hunt In The Caprivi

I still think ikeda is full of shit! NAPHA has made some screwy decisions and statements in the past and by their own admission did not even talk to Vaughan. There are always two sides to every story. I would still hunt with Vaughan.

As would I.

Glad to see you guys (Mike416Rigby and Jaustin).....stand up for Vaughan.

After reading the thread I contacted my friends in Namibia. They told me that Vaughan is a good person but is unfortunately having financial trouble and it is being reflected in his hunting operation. From what they told me it appears that Ikeda may not be alone of having the misfortune hunting with Vaughan recently.

After reading the thread I contacted my friends in Namibia. They told me that Vaughan is a good person but is unfortunately having financial trouble and it is being reflected in his hunting operation. From what they told me it appears that Ikeda may not be alone of having the misfortune hunting with Vaughan recently.

Uncomphgre, check the date Ikeda posted his complaint, it's an old thread. What you've added is nothing more than malicious gossip.

FWIW, I haven't hunted with, and nor do I know Vaughn Fulton..

Johnfox,
It is true that it is an old thread, but from what my friends told me, Fulton's misfortune has not improved. The global recession has affected several people all over the world especially outfitters relying on foreign hunters. My Namibian friends have also suffered the past couple of years and it has been a struggle for them to maintain the quality of their operation. It goes back to buyer beware.

I really believe it must be one of the hardest jobs to be a PH/guide for clients that are not physically up to the hunt. It is however a reality of modern life. When it comes to dangerous game the situation can be well... Dangerous for all involved.
I think some of this back and forth on this forum is good and helps the novice hunters to get some perspective on what can happen in a safari and why it happens.
Regards,
Philip

Regardless of which side you take,....this old thread, and those like it are very useful to hunters looking for a hunt. Philip...........you are quite right...this back and forth helps a lot. I recommend that when possible, contact references. and always ask for a couple more names...........of hunters who did NOT get their trophy. If they were happy, then it is likely a good operation. A hunting experience is an expensive purchase, and it is a lot more than killing an animal. I just found this thread, and it stirred up a lot of opinion..........FW Bill

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack849688

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg