My new Ruger No1 7x57

For anyone interested, I've decided to sell this rifle. Honestly it's just too nice to drag around deer hunting, and I just bought it on impulse. Still unfired. See classifieds if interested.

Two 7x57s, a .280, a 30-06 (that has been to Africa), and a .450 Rigby #1 all live at my place. All but the .450 have taken game and it will (hopefully) be used on my first Buffalo. I'd recommend that you keep it.

I have been looking for a ruger no 1 in 30-06 with 24 in. Barrel seen a few but were pretty old.

IMG_0574.JPG
Mine is a #1A with a 22" bbl. However, it is an old one, made in 1968 and shoots 165 grain Accubonds well under an inch.

I just got my hands on this brand new Ruger No1 7x57! Made in 2008, but unfired in the box. Added a Leupold 2-7×33 scope in stainless rings. Looks great! Now we'll see how she shoots.View attachment 233963

Very nice and enjoy!

I was looking the other day i have so many guns i bought and haven't shot yet it's ridicules, cause i work so much, yet i keep buying ? Sometimes im like what the hell am i doing ??? My gun buying has takin a back seat to my new to me 2004 F250 Super Duty with a 6.0 in it. 25k ill have just into the motor alone when im done, Already at 16k, could have put a caterpillar 7.3 in it for 1/2 the $ but i wanted to do a 6.0 and see how I like it. There way more sophisticated than the 7.3 and more sophisticated in pulling $ out of my wallet

The 6.0 was for sure more sophisticated than the 7.3 and pulls a lot of HP out of it, the downside being, and the reason Ford dumped it was too many problems and low service life. The one that came after is reported to be a better motor. I feel your pain. I had an older 7.3 Stroker in a '95 and while HP was only 215 at 3000 RPM, it will last much longer than the 6.0

WOW! That was bloody quick! You've been bitten by the No 1 bug.
It's like hunting Africa, a disease ... almost incurable...My sympathy...
I have five (I think), wondering about more ....

WOW! That was bloody quick! You've been bitten by the No 1 bug.
It's like hunting Africa, a disease ... almost incurable...My sympathy...
I have five (I think), wondering about more ....
Yes! I've had quite a few over the years myself! But I'm a bit of a horse trader, so I traded ir sold them all. This 7x57 is a keeper though.

Toby, I think you made the right choice. I'm almost sorry I sold my RSI even if it was the hardest rifle to shoot offhand I've owned.

There is a 1-S medium in 9.3x62 on Gunbroker......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack849688

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg