My "Big Five"

HWL

AH elite
Joined
Aug 29, 2016
Messages
1,826
Reaction score
4,832
Location
Germany
Media
209
Hunted
RSA, Namibia, Germany, Austria, Norway, Finland
For the big bore lovers...

From top..

Lee Enfield P14 in .470 Capstick,
Mauser M66S in .458 Winchester-Magnum
Mauser M98 by FN in 450 Marlin
Mauser M98 by Mauser in .404 Rimless Jeffrey
CZ 550 Magnum in .375 Holland & Holland

Unfortunately, until now, only the .404 saw action in Africa :(

DSC00885.JPG
 
Some beauties for sure!
 
HWL you need to take all those fine rifles to Africa!
 
Neat looking rifles, some very different looking scope mounts.
 
HWL you need to take all those fine rifles to Africa!

...great idea....but I have to earn my money the hard way, ....and when I go to Africa, it is more an escape than a journey.

But to talk about the ideal "African Batterie" would be also a great thread....

HWL
 
You don't need a batterie, you already have a 404..... ;););)(y)
 
...great idea....but I have to earn my money the hard way, ....and when I go to Africa, it is more an escape than a journey.

But to talk about the ideal "African Batterie" would be also a great thread....

HWL

You have everything you need for Africa. That 404 and 375 will do all required work.
 
Nice collection.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,305
Messages
1,572,299
Members
169,520
Latest member
VerlaButle
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top