My 600 Overkill

• Thread starter Deleted member 55776
  • Start date
My criteria for the ultimate stopper would be the cartridge with the biggest diameter bullet that will make it through a buff longitudinally. Not sure if the 600 OK is up to the task due to the surface area alone.

12.6 lbs lite for a 600 OK a beauty to shoot much more managed than a DR in 500NE and 10,000 to 12,400+ ft-lbs energy in only a 825-900 grain bullet. 720 grain bullets fly over 2700 fps with ease making the 500s seem mild by comparison. Built for black death and if you ever see SAFARIKIDD on the forums he can attest to the killing ability of the 600 OK. I built this for specific purpose and we build them in 16.5" to 26" barrel lengths. The shorter 600s make a formidable carbine for stalking in deep bush

ALL B.S.

You didn't build this rifle, I did (AHR) in 2008 and I have the paperwork to prove it. What the hell are you trying to pull?

Also guys, don't believe a word of his load data; it's all B.S.

Last edited by a moderator:
ALL B.S.

You didn't build this rifle, I did (AHR) in 2008 and I have the paperwork to prove it. What the hell are you trying to pull?

This is extremely troubling. It looks to me like he is using your work to try to pump up sales for another new member...

ALL B.S.

He is outright misrepresenting himself in a manner that could do damage to your business and reputation. Best of luck in shutting him up promptly.
This is extremely troubling. It looks to me like he is using your work to try to pump up sales for another new member...
That other member is doing little else but selling on the classifieds. I would almost believe them to be one and the same.

What about that .375 something sniper rifle the deleted member posted a thread on? Was that even real? I couldn’t find the thread.

Perhaps the ops screen name gives us a clue how to resolve this situation. I for one had enough of him when he insulted the manhood of our fellow member. One of my favourite parts of this website is the respectful manner in which we all conduct ourselves. Differences in opinions are simply that and not grounds for personal attacks.

I especially liked the part where this now former member challenged IvW by saying his "8" whole clients. And that another has shot more game than hes seen.
That gave me a good chuckle...too bad he didn't research whom he was trying to insult before hand.
@IvW I applaud you taking it easy on him!

I especially liked the part where this now former member challenged IvW by saying his "8" whole clients. And that another has shot more game than hes seen.
That gave me a good chuckle...too bad he didn't research whom he was trying to insult before hand.
@IvW I applaud you taking it easy on him!

Tire kickers unfortunately are found all over....

I love the .600 Overkill and have shot all 5 of mine a good bit...including several Safaris ..
Have another one being built all weather synthetic and cerakoted...it will be very unique(like many other custom Big Bores I had made to my ideas and needs)
It may make another Brown Bear hunt for #3 but in the meantime it will be set up for Hogs down here in Louisiana...late evenings over feeders in wooded areas...(taken 2 big one's with 900's in Missouri )
I know eyes will roll but this little CZ550 Howitzer will have a 16" heavy contour with sights ..Synthetic Stock with short forearm in proportion to barrel length(a must with me)
May do a drop mag for a extra round?
Will have 2 scopes in Alaskan 30mm rings..Got a Schmidt Bender 2.5-10×56 Flashdot for the Hogs and then a Schmidt Bender 1.1-4×24 Flashdot (or a Swarv Z8i 1-8) for "Normal Hunting"..Unscoped about 8.5pds and add 2 pds for the scope and rings..Perfect for this "Kid"
Would be ready soon but Pacnor dropped the ball on .620 barrels since they burned down so we have a 6 month wait with Krieger..
We are planning on the 825 CEB's at 2300fps or so....Maybe a 720 CEB is in the works according to Cutting Edge..(2400?)
Not a long range guy with these Big Bores as most DG and Hogs is under 50 yds..sometimes as you know 50 feet!
I like to name all my Big Bores with a theme...This one will be GRIZZINATOR (all Brown) or BLACK DEATH (all Black) ..That comes later and will be Engraved on Action or maybe a Grizz Scene on Floorplate..or Cape Buffalo for the latter...
Photo below is waiting on barrel!
Happy Hunting
Screenshot_20200628-062744_Messages.jpeg

Reactions: jpg
AHR (Wayne) made me 3 Rifles..2 Great
.600's and a Awesome .700 Bolt Classic(1000's@2200)
Wayne and his company are the pioneers of this Awesome Caliber and have made the Legendary .600 which was once only read about in Books of Africa and old Gun Magazines...and in many a boys dreams!
They are reasonably in size and weight and more affordable then the .600 English Doubles by far(though I loved my Charles Osborne 1920's Double)
He has made i know over a hundred of them and they are selling like hotcakes...I have seen his work on mine and others,plus photos on other blogs....If you want one..you should go for it..I promise you will get a Kick out of it!
Here is what AHR made for me..
(IF YOU GO TO THE 375 and UP FORUM I posted alot more last night)
20150626_213741-1.jpeg
20200330_222359.jpeg
Screenshot_20200826-194944_Gallery.jpeg

OK, since it’s still to damn hot out here to mow the lawn on my DAY OFF from work, I’ll stir the larger than life bore and recoil cauldron. Why is the .600 OK a better, more suitable choice in a bolt action rifle than say, the .500 MDM or .458 MDM or B & M class of wildcats which use shorter barrels and have velocities equal to their longer competitors’ cartridges? Or, even the mainstays .500 Jeffrey or .505 Gibbs? When does larger and larger become an exercise in diminishing returns? Don’t get me wrong here, I would love to shoot all of the above at least once, but have no desire or hunting use for owning one. But again, to each their own.
I had Michael build me 2 B&Ms(50 & 458)..Sweet Rifles and he is the Guru of Big Bores and light short handy rigs...Super knowledgeable with tons of field experience in Africa and Australia testing his rifles!
His website is super informative with photos and load data!!!

I think this thread has put me off big bores for life, pardon the pun.
We had the same thing happen in a heavy bow forum. It became less about appreciation of the amazing bows and how people progressed in being able to use them better and more about how great someone was for drawing more than others. In the end the heaviest shooters of anything will be outliers and how they are received by the majority is based on humility which from what I can tell, fades as draw weight and bore diameter increase.

Fascinating cartridge choice? Seems too much of a good thing (recoil) to me, but to each their own. I’ve never seen 600gr .458 bullets, but someone must make them or someone here may have some. Forrest! I only have a puny Lott, but I’ll bet those 600 grainers would be on the verge of wresting my 9.3lb CZ rifle out of my hands. Still looking for that experience!
@CoElkHunter
Perhaps this should interest you ?
D4C724D9-B8C4-4436-AFC4-DB5CC9B69B8B.jpeg
77D35464-E25B-43C9-9B01-9D9533CA4BA3.jpeg

The first is a box of Barnes copper jacketed lead cored 500 grain .458 calibre solids . The second is a box of Barnes copper jacketed lead cored 600 grain .458 calibre solids . But I do not like them for my .458 Winchester Magnum . 600 grain bullets encroach too much into the .458 Winchester Magnum’s already limited case volume . I prefer only 500 grain .

PS : Never try to use these bullets against elephants . The copper jacket WILL deform upon striking heavy bones . For use against elephants , only steel jacketed meplat nosed bullets should be used .

We had the same thing happen in a heavy bow forum. It became less about appreciation of the amazing bows and how people progressed in being able to use them better and more about how great someone was for drawing more than others. In the end the heaviest shooters of anything will be outliers and how they are received by the majority is based on humility which from what I can tell, fades as draw weight and bore diameter increase.

The case with everything, ain’t it..

I think this thread has put me off big bores for life, pardon the pun.
@SAFARIKIDD I may not be a big bore fan, but i have to say you have some exquisite rifles there, and the walnut on that one 600 overkill is out of this world. You obviously appreciate quality. Well done to you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juniata1951

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross