Mr. Lincoln

Great job brother!
 
It is so, good, you made me listen few times.
For second time, I went on google to find the Lyrics of the song, so I could follow with exact words!
Great performance! Just great! (and keep up the good work)
(y)

[Chorus 1]
Mr. Lincoln I wish you were here
The Republic's changed a lot in a hundred years
And I don't think it's workin' like you planned
Oh, Mr. Lincoln, we could use a hand

[Verse 1]
I just read the headlines in The Nashville News
And I wish I'd made this up but I'm afraid it's true
'Cause a man was murdered for his money in the street
He was takin' his wife to a nice place to eat
When they caught the man he did 23 months of time
He pled insanity like they do now all the time
Sir, what would you have done in 1859?
Now if you shoot someone, sir, you can get off scott-free
It's the latest thing, Mr. Lincoln, can you believe?
Now they sue the manufacturers of the guns
Ain't the law changed a lot since 1861?

[Chorus 2]
Mr. Lincoln I wish you were here
'Cause things have changed a lot in a hundred years
And I don't think it's workin' out like you planned
Hey, Mr. Lincoln, we sure could use a hand

[Verse 2]
I just heard the news story on the radio
They let dangerous men out of prisons now, yes sir I'm afraid it's so
'Cause they're overcrowded, and it was only his fifth offense
Yeah, and this time he's killed someone does that make any sense?
Now, my lawyer called me about a nuisance case
'Cause everybody sues over any little thing these days
Well, at least we're right, all we gotta do is tell the truth
He said, "You're living in the past, you romantic fool"
I said, "You've got that right, I lean toward the older ways
And there's damn few backwoods lawyers left today"

[Chorus 1]
Mr. Lincoln I wish you were here
The Republic's changed a lot in a hundred years
And I don't think it's workin' like you planned
Hey, Mr. Lincoln, we sure could use a hand

[Chorus 2]
Mr. Lincoln, please, could you come here?
'Cause things have changed a lot in a hundred years
And I don't think it's workin' out like you planned
Mr. Lincoln, we sure could use a hand
 
I've seen several of your posts, but had no idea you could sing! Great job! (I listened to Hank Jr.'s afterwards) Great song with a message.....I just wish more people would hear it. I'm Canadian, but we share similar issues here. Too many bleeding hearts, and not enough accountability. I think I'll see if I can find your YouTube contributions. Thanks for sharing
 
Beautiful, thanks for sharing, and it does fit with what's going on today.

BTW, didn't know you were in Madison. Wife and I were there last Wed, we picked up a German Shephard at the Madison Humane Society. I'll let you know next time we are in your neck of the woods.
 
Well done!

I had no idea you sang or played music...

Will definitely surf through your YouTube channel once I get back to my laptop tonight..
 
You go Toby!
 
You go Toby!
 
Nicely done [emoji736]
 
Wish you had a guitar to play and sing around the fire while we were in the Kalahari. You singing and the lions roaring! Nice time!
 
Beautiful, thanks for sharing, and it does fit with what's going on today.

BTW, didn't know you were in Madison. Wife and I were there last Wed, we picked up a German Shephard at the Madison Humane Society. I'll let you know next time we are in your neck of the woods.
Sounds good! What part of Ga. do you live in?
 
I enjoyed your singing and guitar very much, but not so much as for the sad reality of the song.
 
Toby, that made my day! Thank you for that!
 
I love your cover more than the original, sorry Hank williams jr
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,374
Messages
1,574,460
Members
170,045
Latest member
arlesahe1976
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top