MOUNTAIN BUFFALO - RAINER JOSCH

The reason it's in there is to promote and defend HUNTING to misunderstanding ANTI-HUNTERS.
Sure. Though I think it would be better suited today for either a Netflix or immediate YouTube release to reach as wide of an audience as possible. I guess Rainer was just ahead of his time in that regard.
It couldn't have been said better AND i subscribe FULLY to what S. Ranier Josch said-and you should too!
I do agree with it, as I said in the first paragraph of my comment. All I was saying was that it hadn't aged particularly well in the way it was worded, as it came across as somewhat pompous and a little corny.
not everyone is 100% concerned with trophy size.
I never implied that. The moment I was referring to had Rainer saying how this particular client was excited about the trophy quality of the buffalo on the mountain. And how that "concerned" him... Seriously? Not directed at you, but Rainer.
The 20K is due to the rather exotic location and economy there.
I'm not bashing the price tag at all, and I completely understand why it is as high as it is. There are a few people here who bash some of the countries north of the "South Africa/Namibia/Botswana/Zimbabwe line" simply due to the fact that they can't afford it (hell, I can't) and therefore feel bitter.

I'm not one of those people. All I was saying was that if a client were to spend 28k USD on a hunt, he's in every right to be excited about the trophy potential. Rainer was being silly in that instance. I'm sure if he were to look back at it today he would cringe a little bit as well. It's no big deal. We all say silly things from time to time.

Last edited:
Since we're talking about mountain buffalo, a few pictures would add to the discussion.

Buffalo Mt. Kenya 1.jpeg

Buffalo Mt. Kenya 2.jpg

Screenshot_20230319_134526_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20230319_134457_Instagram.jpg

Sure. Though I think it would be better suited today for either a Netflix or immediate YouTube release to reach as wide of an audience as possible. I guess Rainer was just ahead of his time in that regard.

I do agree with it, as I said in the first paragraph of my comment. All I was saying was that it hadn't aged particularly well in the way it was worded, as it came across as somewhat pompous and a little corny.

I never implied that. The moment I was referring to had Rainer saying how this particular client was excited about the trophy quality of the buffalo on the mountain. And how that "concerned" him... Seriously? Not directed at you, but Rainer.

I'm not bashing the price tag at all, and I completely understand why it is as high as it is. There are a few people here who bash some of the countries north of the "South Africa/Namibia/Botswana/Zimbabwe line" simply due to the fact that they can't afford it (hell, I can't) and therefore feel bitter.

I'm not one of those people. All I was saying was that if a client were to spend 28k USD on a hunt, he's in every right to be excited about the trophy potential. Rainer was being silly in that instance. I'm sure if he were to look back at it today he would cringe a little bit as well. It's no big deal. We all say silly things from time to time.
that's quite a disectomy of what i said. i simply meant what i said. it needs NO defense. if only SRJ could've anticipated your concerns, what, 10+ yrs ago? lol Be more concerned going forward with hunting-conservationism OR not. it's your choice. You could be the next Dem president!!! Go. this is very little about You, but more about how many people today approach Hunting...as some sort of twisted, chest-beating "manly" idiotic sport. Those people are completely missing the point and have obviously been affected by TV... ;) The rest of us have spent $100sK or $Bs together conserving nature that we have an adoration for, and simply cannot live without! Our40" or 50" buff or 50 lb or 100 lb elephant matters not. Of course it's nice to get a bigger trophy, but not required (and not realistic for most hunters, all things considered.) Also bear in mind that he's German, NOT American, and English is his 2nd language, although quite good! People really need to travel the globe prior to judging others, (other than those that infiltrate our country like ants to steal our tax $!) lol We are glad that you think he is silly. Now immerse yourself 110% in his position (financially and otherwise,) and let's see how that works out! ;)

Last edited:
Well, all of this makes me pull out Rainer's set of 4 DVDs to watch again. Serious buffalo hunting in a fantastic setting. I would enjoy talking to someone who has hunted with him, particularly an American to get a feel for it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VioletteFg

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!