MAS safety?

Certus

AH fanatic
Joined
Aug 6, 2018
Messages
969
Reaction score
1,809
Media
1
Anyone know where I can find one of these trigger guards? Need it for a project. Can be something similar as it’s not for an MAS anyway. For a custom airgun but it needs a safety to be able to be imported into Australia and the maker said if I can provide one of these he can fit it.
I’ve tried Numrich and EBay without success.


IMG_9206.png


 
To add: it doesn’t have to be that safety - if anyone knows who could make one that functions the same and fit it into a rifle that would also work.

This is what/where it needs to fit.

IMG-9211 Large.jpeg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Finding an original MAS 36 trigger guard with a security is extremely rare, also in France, because only the sniper rifle FR-F1 and some of the MAS Fournier, the civilian versions of this rifle, had this specific detail. I used among other things the MAS 36 during basic training in the French army more than 50 years ago. I never saw such a security on a classic rifle. However, something as simple as that can easily be replicated on a trigger guard.
 
To add: it doesn’t have to be that safety - if anyone knows who could make one that functions the same and fit it into a rifle that would also work.

This is what/where it needs to fit.

View attachment 779003
@Certus
There's a few good Smith's in Australia depending on where you are.
Mine is a Rylestone NSW. He could make and fit the safety you need as he is a master in all things that go bang in wood and metal. He does great work at reasonable prices.
Bob
 
@Certus
There's a few good Smith's in Australia depending on where you are.
Mine is a Rylestone NSW. He could make and fit the safety you need as he is a master in all things that go bang in wood and metal. He does great work at reasonable prices.
Bob
I wonder if I can get a trigger guard sent by the maker then and have the above fellow fit the trigger blocking safety then I can ship it back to the maker and fitted to the rifle (it will be a USA made thing).
 
I wonder if I can get a trigger guard sent by the maker then and have the above fellow fit the trigger blocking safety then I can ship it back to the maker and fitted to the rifle (it will be a USA made thing).
@Certus
I can't see why not but the USA won't even ship a front sight or scope to Australia as they are regarded as gun parts. Maybe someone in the forum could post it to you.
Bob
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,327
Messages
1,573,007
Members
169,682
Latest member
CarmonWxt
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top