Mark Sullivan shows us how to handle a Double Rifle

Hey Cal Pal!
I don't know how many doubles Von S. owns, but I currently own 18 and in total over the years 60+. All pre war vintage from the UK (England and Scotland). Mark is absolutley spot on in now to handle a double. There are many ways to handle a double and many opinions, too, but Sullivan has developed his own style and from 30 years big game hunting I don't think there are many who can equal his experience. His other suggestions are also valid: binocs under the arm of the non shooting shoulder, leather cartridge loops with bullets visible so they can be pushed out as well as pulled (not just pulled), to carry minimal stuff on one's belt, etc..

Don't take the commentary too seriously; rather with a grain of salt as the old saying goes. Mark will laugh when quail hunting on how the bird makes the choice how it is to die. When he calls a .470 a "lady's rifle" he will laugh with you if you bring a rifle larger than his. I hunted with Mark with my vintage .600 Wilkes and he used a Heym .577 which he referred to has his "mother's .577." I laughed more with Mark on one hunt than in my other 20 safaris combined with numerous PHs. A second hunt was missed due to our schedules not working and this year the virus killed two hunts this year in Africa and another in Argentina. I hope to hunt with Mark again in 2021.
New here...will be posting pics of hunts and Big Bore Weaponry! (No boobys..shucks!)
One of my .600s shown here...
20181115_224008.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadwickTo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Looking to hire Odoo developers in UAE, USA In o2b technologies has skilled and experienced Odoo developers at competitive pricing Consult Now!

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!