London Layover

Take a black cab or the train, ride the Eye and look out over the city, hit up a pub after for an enjoyable day!
 
.

Lots of great ideas in the posts. I used to be in & out of London every month on business. Do not get a cab or Uber early morning, you will sit in traffic especially if you are looking at central London.

If I was planning a whistle stop trip with my wife & two older children it would be -

1/ Heathrow Express (buy the return ticket) into Paddington (same day return £ 30,-)
2/ Catch a black cab to The Regency Cafe in Westminster for a full English breakfast (get there around 7:30 and be done around 8:15)(google it - its fun & very English - a lot of cab drivers eat there & it will be a real contrast to your lunch venue)
3/ 15 minute walk from there to Big Ben & the Houses of Parliament
4/ walk up Parliament Street past the Cenotaph, past the Royal Horse Guards up to Trafalgar Square
5/ spend 1 - 2 hours at The National Gallery (art)
6/ catch a black cab to the Burlington Arcade & spend 30 minutes at Fortnum & Mason
7/ jump a black cab to Simpsons on The Strand & have a light 1 course lunch
8/ after lunch get the tube to Tower Hill & see the Tower of London (2 hours)
9/ tube Circle Line from Tower Hill to Paddington
10 / Heathrow Express to Heathrow around 16:00 to get you there from 16:30 & departure flight

That's what I would do for a short layover in London .......

.
 
We have 9-hour layover in June in London as well. Booked 5-hour London Taxi Tours in black cab taxi with clear tops for sightseeing. Private tour guide, see major sites, lunch in traditional pub. They have flight tracking in cab so can keep up with flight. Pick-up and drop off at airport 598 Pounds per Taxi. Payment due 10 days before trip.
 
We have 9-hour layover in June in London as well. Booked 5-hour London Taxi Tours in black cab taxi with clear tops for sightseeing. Private tour guide, see major sites, lunch in traditional pub. They have flight tracking in cab so can keep up with flight. Pick-up and drop off at airport 598 Pounds per Taxi. Payment due 10 days before trip.
WOW, $800!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,282
Messages
1,571,657
Members
169,390
Latest member
NTVReyes77
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top