SOUTH AFRICA: Limcroma Safaris South Africa 3-10 May

I stayed in Sable Valley lodge. Weather was low to mid 80s for highs and low 50s for lows. Kudu on some properties were rutting already and other properties we still saw bulls by themselves and cows still grouped up. The properties range in size a lot. The smallest property we hunted was probably 3500 acres and the largest I personally hunted on this trip 15-20k acres. I hunted 7 different properties this trip I believe.

Thanks for the response. The dates available for us would be in the three rivers lodge. Have you ever stayed there? How was it? Are there many other hunters in camp at the same time? I suppose we can take this to PM if you’d rather not clutter your thread.

Thanks for the response. The dates available for us would be in the three rivers lodge. Have you ever stayed there? How was it? Are there many other hunters in camp at the same time? I suppose we can take this to PM if you’d rather not clutter your thread.
Three rivers lodge is very nice. Its the original lodge. I haven't ever stayed there, but have visited and honestly like it a little better than Sable Valley. The number of hunters in camp is really dependent. I cant really answer that.

Nice report. It is always a gratifying experience when you get to take first timers to africa. Seeing the joys they experience is special. Will say if you had passed on that Roan you would kick yourself every day when you get out of bed and twice in the evening. Not to mention a few WTF's from a number of us here. The water buck is also a nice specimen. Thank you for sharing your experience.

Nice report. It is always a gratifying experience when you get to take first timers to africa. Seeing the joys they experience is special. Will say if you had passed on that Roan you would kick yourself every day when you get out of bed and twice in the evening. Not to mention a few WTF's from a number of us here. The water buck is also a nice specimen. Thank you for sharing your experience.
Thanks buddy!

We're supposed to be staying in 3 Rivers on our upcoming hunt this August. I can let you know the weekend I get back.

I was super happy with all the animals taken this year. I will say, the waterbuck I shot wasn't as big as the one I passed the first year....probably will never see another one like that...but I was super happy with him.

In regards to the roan, I didn't want that same feeling haunting me I have felt since passing the waterbuck. Now when my PH says hey man you really need to shoot this, I do it and figure out the finances later lol!

Congrats on your hunt, and thanks for sharing !

You let go a 32" Waterbuck :eek:

More than one Bushbuck hunted in Limpopo has actually been shot across the river, tracker just crosses and brings it back, a friend told me this happens :giggle:

Last edited:
Sounds like you had a heck of a hunt. Some really nice tro

Congrats on your hunt, and thanks for sharing !

You let go a 32" Waterbuck :eek:

More than one Bushbuck hunted in Limpopo has actually been shot across the river, tracker just crosses and brings it back, a friend told me this happens :giggle:
LOL....I am sure there has been! I was all about swimming the river myself. My mind changed quickly though. I will eventually catch up with a bushbuck. Next hunt I am gonna go later in the year and hopefully some foliage will be gone.

It was my first safari and I didn't know what I was looking at on the waterbuck. I just knew he was big. I thought man I will come back and get another one. Heck it was the first waterbuck I had ever saw lol. Knowing what I know now, it definitely haunts me. Shooting one did help some though lol. Mine wasn't 32in but I was sure happy with him.

Awesome hunt and beautiful animals taken, congratulations. What are your plans for taxidermy?

Awesome hunt and beautiful animals taken, congratulations. What are your plans for taxidermy?
Everything is going to be shouldered mounted. I have a room at the house that soul purpose is a trophy room. Only problem is, its slowly creeping up on getting full. May have to take over some of the livign room as well.

All my mounts for African game are done by Ty's Taxidermy in Vidor, Texas. Ty and his team do a fantastic job!

Everything is going to be shouldered mounted. I have a room at the house that soul purpose is a trophy room. Only problem is, its slowly creeping up on getting full. May have to take over some of the livign room as well.

All my mounts for African game are done by Ty's Taxidermy in Vidor, Texas. Ty and his team do a fantastic job!

I hear ya on running out of room, I'll be there when I get the mounts from my last safari. I don't have a dedicated room, even though my wife claims that the entire house if my trophy room (living room, office and my reloading room). I think she exaggerates a bit. :ROFLMAO:

I hear ya on running out of room, I'll be there when I get the mounts from my last safari. I don't have a dedicated room, even though my wife claims that the entire house if my trophy room (living room, office and my reloading room). I think she exaggerates a bit. :ROFLMAO:
LOL....my mounts used to be throughout the house. Then after one of our moves the wife said no more. That I had to have my own designated area for my critters. The last house we bought....after I got off Active duty...I had the Garage closed in and it works pretty nicely so far. I have a plan for my whitetail wall though. When I shoot one bigger, the smaller one goes into the shop vs in the room. Not sure what I will do about my African game. Maybe do more floor pedestals and make a maze to walk through.

Well done, that is the way to do it. I may have to reconfigure my detached garage attic and create a trophy room. :ROFLMAO:

Thanks for your service brother, what branch? I did 34 years, 8 months and 28 days in the AF, and became a GS employee after I retired. I have 32 days left on my GS job, and another retirement. LOL!!!

Well done, that is the way to do it. I may have to reconfigure my detached garage attic and create a trophy room. :ROFLMAO:

Thanks for your service brother, what branch? I did 34 years, 8 months and 28 days in the AF, and became a GS employee after I retired. I have 32 days left on my GS job, and another retirement. LOL!!!
I was active duty Air Force for a little over 10 years. Got off active duty because I was offered a pretty nice job as a contractor and loved the Reserve unit at Barksdale. So been in the Reserves now for about 8 years. Actually recently applied for a AGR position so I can get a full active duty retirement.

34 Years is a long time buddy. Definitely appreciate your service and your sacrifice made throughout those years.

sent you a PM.

Thank you both for your service!!!

However just to set the record straight it is The Army Air Corps version 2.

Yea that is coming from a career army guy.

Buy you guys a beer at DSC or SCi next year.

Congrats and thanks for sharing!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinVa

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

A.A. wrote on Msprenger!'s profile.
Are you still looking for a 375 H&H?
NRA Life, ASSRA Life, GGCA Life
Sable @ the lodge this morning