Albert GRANT

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
RSA, Canada, Ireland
Rifles didn't sell on GB (despite dozens of watchers) so I'm reposting here, stripped down to just each rifle in factory configuration with added scope bases and rings specific to Sako rifles. I have them relisted on GB at a lower price, but figured I'd offer them here for a bit lower than there in case any member wanted one before but the price was too high. As long as there are no bids, I can end the auction and sell to a member here. Anyone who has just joined will be directed to the auction. I am now at roughly what I paid for them, so I cannot go any lower. The price is right for the .375 and a steal for the 7mm. A rifle I have been after for a long time has just come up for sale, so I'm motivated to move these on so I can get that and pay some bills to boot!

First up is the very rare Sako AV CLASSIC in 7mm RM. Same high quality action and barrel of the AV series but with a figured American Walnut stock and rosewood grip cap. Very few of these rifles exist in the US in LH. I now know of this as being the third confirmed one in the US(so far)! This rifle is in mint condition without a scratch on it and has been fired less than 30 times. Amazingly beautiful in person- pictures don't do it justice. Rifle comes with original box and paperwork in very good condition, and correct bases and rings for mounting scopes on these rifles. $1500 to a standing AH member, plus actual shipping
7rm1.jpg7rm2.jpg7rm3.jpg7rm4.jpg7rm5.jpg
Second is a very nice Sako AV in .375 H&H now in stock configuration with the classic red butt pad. Comes with bases and rings as mentioned above. $1500 to a standing AH member, plus actual shipping
375s1.jpg375s2.jpg375s3.jpg

This is the new listing for rifles with no extras, please disregard the older thread

Great Guns and excellent prices! GLWS!

Rifles didn't sell on GB (despite dozens of watchers) so I'm reposting here, stripped down to just each rifle in factory configuration with added scope bases and rings specific to Sako rifles. I have them relisted on GB at a lower price, but figured I'd offer them here for a bit lower than there in case any member wanted one before but the price was too high. As long as there are no bids, I can end the auction and sell to a member here. Anyone who has just joined will be directed to the auction. I am now at roughly what I paid for them, so I cannot go any lower. The price is right for the .375 and a steal for the 7mm. A rifle I have been after for a long time has just come up for sale, so I'm motivated to move these on so I can get that and pay some bills to boot!

First up is the very rare Sako AV CLASSIC in 7mm RM. Same high quality action and barrel of the AV series but with a figured American Walnut stock and rosewood grip cap. Very few of these rifles exist in the US in LH. I now know of this as being the third confirmed one in the US(so far)! This rifle is in mint condition without a scratch on it and has been fired less than 30 times. Amazingly beautiful in person- pictures don't do it justice. Rifle comes with original box and paperwork in very good condition, and correct bases and rings for mounting scopes on these rifles. $1500 to a standing AH member, plus actual shipping
View attachment 585274View attachment 585275View attachment 585276View attachment 585277View attachment 585278
Second is a very nice Sako AV in .375 H&H now in stock configuration with the classic red butt pad. Comes with bases and rings as mentioned above. $1500 to a standing AH member, plus actual shipping
View attachment 585280View attachment 585281View attachment 585282

View attachment 585274View attachment 585275View attachment 585276View attachment 585277View attachment 585278
View attachment 585280View attachment 585281View attachment 585282
ALBERT GRANT, these are two nice looking rifles and especially the stock on the 7mm - has a nicer cheek piece then my Sako stock came with (1999) and wood looks good too. As a Lefty, I always appreciate seeing a quality LH rifle and I liked my Sako LH .25-06 so much - I had the LH action used to build a Custom .30-06, my gunsmith said that the trigger was excellent and recommended Not replacing it with a Timney or Jewel. The push feed Sako action is butter smooth and the short rotation on the bolt allows for very fast follow up shots. Lastly, Your selling price is very fair - a bargain. where was this “bargain” when I was looking for a LH .375?? Would’ve saved me $1000s (I had a custom LH .375 made out of a 7mm action). Can’t believe you haven’t sold this because “lefty’s” don’t get bargains like it often (we usually pay More and get Less quality). Good luck - but it must be hard to part with these - especially the .375

ALBERT GRANT, these are two nice looking rifles and especially the stock on the 7mm - has a nicer cheek piece then my Sako stock came with (1999) and wood looks good too. As a Lefty, I always appreciate seeing a quality LH rifle and I liked my Sako LH .25-06 so much - I had the LH action used to build a Custom .30-06, my gunsmith said that the trigger was excellent and recommended Not replacing it with a Timney or Jewel. The push feed Sako action is butter smooth and the short rotation on the bolt allows for very fast follow up shots. Lastly, Your selling price is very fair - a bargain. where was this “bargain” when I was looking for a LH .375?? Would’ve saved me $1000s (I had a custom LH .375 made out of a 7mm action). Can’t believe you haven’t sold this because “lefty’s” don’t get bargains like it often (we usually pay More and get Less quality). Good luck - but it must be hard to part with these - especially the .375

Absolutely agree, however we are also victim to the current mood of the limited buyers. It is what it is. I was warned by a prominent member on here that LH rifles would be hard to sell and I'd be better off buying RH in these better quality firearms. Probably should have listened to him, but have also realized, until I win the lottery and basically have unlimited funds, I shouldn't be buying the classic rifles because I don't dare to take them out once I get them and don't have the money to have both a hunting set and a collectors set of rifles. They are both amazing pieces and I'll hate to see them go, but they just sit there in the safe which does no one any good.

Absolutely agree, however we are also victim to the current mood of the limited buyers. It is what it is. I was warned by a prominent member on here that LH rifles would be hard to sell and I'd be better off buying RH in these better quality firearms. Probably should have listened to him, but have also realized, until I win the lottery and basically have unlimited funds, I shouldn't be buying the classic rifles because I don't dare to take them out once I get them and don't have the money to have both a hunting set and a collectors set of rifles. They are both amazing pieces and I'll hate to see them go, but they just sit there in the safe which does no one any good.
Albert, you are a LEFTY and deserve to own and hunt with a “lefty rifle” - regardless of the resale value. I grew up adapting to Right handed rifles and shotguns — what a treat when manufacturers started making LH versions (1990s) of some of my favorite guns. You will definitely sell those guns - but i understand it can take more time. Sites like GB, Guns America, Guns International have very large markets and even though Lefty’s are only 7% of the population - these sites reach millions

as a deprivied lefty for a lot of years, due to no money and not many being made in the 50,s. i have left my want run wild and just late last year added a ex used left hand browning A bolt in .280 rem.

DSCN0408 (2).JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Left handed rifles….can’t find a seller when you want to buy one…..can’t find a buyer when you want to sell one….nice guns, unfortunately they would also be safe queens for me.

Left handed rifles….can’t find a seller when you want to buy one…..can’t find a buyer when you want to sell one….nice guns, unfortunately they would also be safe queens for me.
Hntr58: But when you do find a Lefty buyer (like Me) - we will pay “more” to get what we want and have been “deprived of” much of our lives. Seriously, I asked a person that runs Auctions about the value or Lefty vs righty rifles (all else being equal) and he said - “tend to bring more from Lefty buyers”…..but that’s the key - you need to wait for a Lefty buyer and that could be immediate or months. If had to sell something in a hurry - righty would sell faster but I don’t know if they ultimately sell for more?

Hntr58: But when you do find a Lefty buyer (like Me) - we will pay “more” to get what we want and have been “deprived of” much of our lives. Seriously, I asked a person that runs Auctions about the value or Lefty vs righty rifles (all else being equal) and he said - “tend to bring more from Lefty buyers”…..but that’s the key - you need to wait for a Lefty buyer and that could be immediate or months. If had to sell something in a hurry - righty would sell faster but I don’t know if they ultimately sell for more?
I’m right with ya. I started total left handed guns in the ‘80’s so quite a few of mine are custom because that was the only choice for the caliber I wanted. I’m so used to them now I struggle with RH rifles. Shotguns, years ago I was always picking powder out of my eyes after a good day of duck hunting. LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BasilSulli

Latest profile posts

ghay wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Is this rifle sold? If not what is the weight of it and do you know if there is enough difference in diameter between the 35W and the 9.3 to allow for a rebore to a 9.3x62 which is what I am after?
Thanks,
Gary (Just down the road in Springfield)
Woods wrote on Hunter-Habib's profile.
Forgive me if this is the incorrect area, I signed up to this forum just now because I wanted to be on the list to purchase a copy of your autobiography. Please feel free to pass my information along to whomever is selling. Thank you so much. I look forward to it!
I like the Tillie in my picture. They are supposed to fit loose (2 fingers inside hat band), have mesh for cooling, and hold their shape after washing.
SSG Joe wrote on piratensafaris's profile.
From one newbie to another, Welcome aboard!
BLAAUWKRANTZ safaris wrote on Greylin's profile.
We have just completed a group hunt with guys from North Carolina, please feel free to contact the organizers of the group, Auburn at auburn@opextechnologies.com or Courtney at courtney@opextechnologies.com Please visit our website www.blaauwkrantz.com and email me at zanidixie@gmail.com
Zani