Leupold ZeroLock question

curtism1234

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
I have always been leery of exposed turrets moving and have no need to make adjustments in the field, but the zerolock intrigues me in the VX-3HD line bc I hear the clicks are much more positive feeling over the old mushy vx-3i line.

I am reading conflicting info on the google machine. From what people agree on, if the turret is locked it can not move in either direction until the button is pushed.

Where it gets fuzzy is what happens if you push the button and move 4 clicks up/down --- does the turret automatically lock again or do you need to go through the process of removing the 3 allen screws and setting your new adjustment as the new zero in order to lock it?

Could anyone provide further clarification?

Thanks

If you unlock it and move it up then you lock it again and it is fine until you unlock it and move it back to zero. You only undo the 2 screws (the lock acts as the third) if you want to change your zero permanently. Mine is zeroed at two hundred yards and you cannot move the turret down from there, only up.
This is a very good system and mine has been wonderful-incidentally it is on my 15 year old daughters rifle and she uses it regularly with no problems-range, dial and shoot, return to zero, it doesn’t get bumped or accidentally turned. I love it

i got a Leupold VX-6 4-24x scope a fe years ago to use on a rifle for long range target shooting. With the scope came the extra dial with indicators for the zero at various yards out to 1050. However the ability of the adjustments hit the bottom of their limit at 450 yards. I contacted Leupold and was told that I needed to get a different mount system that would tilt the scope 40 MOA so that the reticle would be able to cover the needed trajectory. Unfortunately, Leupold doesn't make a 40 moa base that will fit the rifle, a Win M70. So the system is useless as advertised. So now it's just a 450 yard rifle and I expand my consideration of scopes well past those made in USA.

I’ve not heard of a 40 Moa but lots of companies make a 20 moa base. I use them on multiple rifles and typically with .30-06 velocity will get accuracy to700-750. Faster rifles will do a bit better. I like the leupold base that accommodates 8/40 screws as well as regular ones

i got a Leupold VX-6 4-24x scope a fe years ago to use on a rifle for long range target shooting. With the scope came the extra dial with indicators for the zero at various yards out to 1050. However the ability of the adjustments hit the bottom of their limit at 450 yards. I contacted Leupold and was told that I needed to get a different mount system that would tilt the scope 40 MOA so that the reticle would be able to cover the needed trajectory. Unfortunately, Leupold doesn't make a 40 moa base that will fit the rifle, a Win M70. So the system is useless as advertised. So now it's just a 450 yard rifle and I expand my consideration of scopes well past those made in USA.
Unfortunately it sounds like you have one of the early models that only allow one rotation of the turret. The newest VX6 4-24x allows 3 rotations of the CDS turret that should get you 1500+ yards. I wonder if they can upgrade yours?

While the Leupold is good,there is good reason why the majority of PRS matches are dominated by NightForce!Go ask SOCOM. A click should mean what it says it should!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChristyLak

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg