Leopard hunt Namibia 2014

Deposit sent!
A new leupold light absorbing scope has been ordered. Will reconfirm dates this week. Thanks. Looking forward to your hospitality.

Congratulations. Hope you have a successful hunt. Did you get a Leupold with the IR? Will look forward to a report and photos.

All the best.
 
Yes Wheels,
A new VX-R, 3x9-50mm with 30mm tube and illuminated ridicule. Was told on the weekend by one of my hunting partners that accompanied me to Zim last year that these were a light absorbing scope and good value for money. ( can't remember if he said VX-R or VX-6??). He put one on his CZ 450 Rigby and was amazed.

Anyhow the SSAA gunshop I bought it through assures me it will do the job in low light if not they will let me return it for a trade ( not refund) on something else
 
You are smart getting the FireDot. An individual I am acquainted with had a leopard silhouetted against the sky in low light. He couldn't see his crosshairs against the black of the cat. He shot where he thought they were, wounded and lost the leopard.

With all the money the hunt costs, that is $500-600 well spent. Make sure you have it turned off on your flight over or the movement of the plane will keep it on the entire trip since Leupold's are movement sensitive. You might also want to take an extra battery.

I use my IR even during the day. My eye is drawn to the dot. If you use it during the day make sure and move it down to one of the lowest settings for shooting in low light or it will be a problem.

Have a great hunt.
 
Advice taken!
Err, they cost a fair bit more than 500-600 in Australia. This is the price of freedom here!
But yes you are right, as Ali said" you can't hit what you can't see".

And bullet selection, when it all boils down to it, is really the cheapest part of the hunt! but yet some people skimp on it, it is ofter overlooked by many. This time I will be using RWS cone points, 8mm cal 224gn driven at 2700fps, for Leopard.
 
I forget how good we have it on firearms and accessories over here sometimes. Regardless IMHO it is money well spent.

Sounds like you have a winning combination. Now to get the cat to cooperate! Have a great hunt.
 
Drew, congratulations, I'm sure that you are going to have a great hunt and I know Roy and am sure that he will work hard to ensure your success.
My son and I are leaving in 22 days to go hunt some plains game with him.

Randy
 
Deposit sent!
A new leupold light absorbing scope has been ordered. Will reconfirm dates this week. Thanks. Looking forward to your hospitality.

Here you go.
 
Deposit sent!
A new leupold light absorbing scope has been ordered. Will reconfirm dates this week. Thanks. Looking forward to your hospitality.
Good Choice Drew, Roy is a Great Guy and you'll enjoy your hunt with him. btw Roy add your Website in your Signature so we can find you quick and easy.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,292
Messages
1,571,922
Members
169,467
Latest member
CurtisDeff
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top