Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
SCI, DSC, NRA
Hunted
Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Tanzania, Zambia, Republic of Congo, Canada
My new Left Hand CZ 550 375 H & H came in from AHR today. I am very satisfied the the fit, finish and function. It holds 6 in the magazine. The AHR trigger is very nice as is the AHR three position safety. It is the first left hand CZ Wayne has upgraded.

Yesterday I bought a factory CZ in 9.3 by 62 for my wife. It is pretty rough especially compared to the AHR upgraded rifle. It will be headed to Wayne soon.

I also received my McMillan stock for MRC 458 Lott. It seems to fit perfect. It holds three down plus in in the chamber.

I will post pictures soon and have a range report on Saturday.

A new safe will be delivered on Thursday. It has been a really good rifle week.

Congrats on the new rifles.

Cant wait to see the photos and read the range report.

Enjoy the work out on the range...

It's tough for us lefties. Most large caliber bolt guns are for right handers and the two trigger set up on double rifles is designed for righties too. Maybe CZ has the answer for us southpaws but I think I will choose the Ruger no.1.

I am glad that CZ has come out with a left hand action. Over the years I have seen quite a few PH's packing them and always figured I would get one if they ever started putting the bolt on the proper side. I see they are only making them in .375 so far, hopefully that will change to include something heavier. As much as I would like one I cant justify a fourth .375 in my gun safe. I hope yours works out for you as I no the PH's that I have hunted with swear by them.

One more thing I forgot to mention going to Michael's post when he referred to left hand doubles with rite hand triggers. You should have a look at left hand Searcy's the front trigger is on the left side and fires the left barrel first. My 500 is a true left hand rifle.

Mike,
I'd love to see some pictures of AHR's work if you get a free minute to post some. I'm going to send of my CZ to them more likely than not in the late winter to have it worked over and smoothed out. Thanks.

Brandon

DSC00570.jpg

IMG_9045.jpg

IMG_9043.jpg

IMG_9040.jpg

IMG_9044.jpg

Attachments

• DSC00570.jpg
    DSC00570.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 429
  • IMG_9040.jpg
    IMG_9040.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 470
  • IMG_9043.jpg
    IMG_9043.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 456
  • IMG_9044.jpg
    IMG_9044.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 425
  • IMG_9045.jpg
    IMG_9045.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 543
Thanks for the pics, Mike. My biggest qualm with my new rifle is the tiny, somewhat difficult to see, front sight post. The fiber optics look like they solve that issue.

Does the 3-pos safety change out the entire back end of the bolt?? The rear of your bolt looks quite different than mine (I posted pictures of it on my "which caliber for me" thread).

While I also like the barrel band swivel and intend to have it added to my rifle, what practical purpose does it serve?

Sorry for all of the questions!

Brandon

I like about a 3/32 front sight, preferably white, I have not decided whether I like the fiber or not.

I do not know what the bolt looked like before the mod, I did not see the rifle until AHR was finished.

The barrell band serves three purposes

1) It looks cool

2) On a heavy kicker the front sling stud can come in in contact with your hand and cause some pain.

3) Since the band is closer to the muzzle the rifle is actually carried lower while using a sling. Makes it a little easier in the thick stuff.

Well, I think you've sold me on the AHR package 2 for my rifle. Is the fiber optic standard in this package or did you request it? What was their turn around time like?

He can install just about any sight you want. The NECG Masterpiece is tough to beat, the fiber optic or white is no problem.

turnaroud was 6 to 8 weeks. If Wayne gives you a delivery he does a good job of meeting the date.

Mike

I just now ordered a left hand DGR from Wayne in .458 Lott. I had contacted you a few months ago about AHR then based on your info I got in touch with Wayne. I orderd the DGR in .458 Lott with the checkering up grade and the QD Peep site with QD tally rings, plus a kick killer in the butt. Hopefully the wood will be nice and dark with at least a little figure in the butt stock. It will be a long four months waiting for it to arrive.

My new Left Hand CZ 550 375 H & H came in from AHR today. I am very satisfied the the fit, finish and function. It holds 6 in the magazine. The AHR trigger is very nice as is the AHR three position safety. It is the first left hand CZ Wayne has upgraded.

Yesterday I bought a factory CZ in 9.3 by 62 for my wife. It is pretty rough especially compared to the AHR upgraded rifle. It will be headed to Wayne soon.

I also received my McMillan stock for MRC 458 Lott. It seems to fit perfect. It holds three down plus in in the chamber.

I will post pictures soon and have a range report on Saturday.

A new safe will be delivered on Thursday. It has been a really good rifle week.
Mike,
Would you consider selling your left hand CZ 550?

How did the 9.3 work out for you wife?

MRC offers a number of DG calibers in LH.

375 H&H
404J
416 Rem
458 Lott
458 WM

I was lucky to find a used one in LH, with the the upgraded stock, in 375 H&H. Unfortunately, it wouldn't group consistently. I made a couple of phone calls to Wayne, to try to trouble shoot the problem. He was very helpful. We discovered that the front pillar had come loose. I took it to a local gunsmith, who installed a new pillar and it now shoots amazing groups!
Congratulations on your purchase. I think you will be very happy with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AshleyOyi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg