Laminate stock?

The older I get, the more I like blue steel & wood! Walnut would be my choice!
If I’m sitting on a stump watching a crossing or patch of timber & nothing is happening, I can talk to God & admire a pretty rifle!

Where you get the barrels done on the Enfield actions, sometimes it can be hard to find someone to make one here. My dad built one years ago in 338-8mm rem mag that was fun, not many big 338s back then. He had a nice 7stw p14.
@TroyF
My gunsmith in Australia is a wizard with M17 and P14 barrels.
Any GOOD gunsmith should be able to do it.
Bob

@TroyF
My gunsmith in Australia is a wizard with M17 and P14 barrels.
Any GOOD gunsmith should be able to do it.
Bob
not many smiths here I can trust, most seem to take 20 times longer and of lower quality. Would think living in New York close to pa a would know one, but only good one died in the early 2000s. My 7x57ai was done partly by John van Patten, he did the action work and spun up a Douglas air gauge barrel. John died before finishing the gun so I put on the stock I got for Richards and stippled it.

About 20 years since he died and I'm sti!i not finished, one day I'll rust blue it and finish. John was p.o.ackley shop Forman back in the day and worked with him at the school. John did most of the work for Ackley, he made his reamers early on. This gun was chambered with the first 7x57ai reamer him and Ackley worked on.

I though a 9.3x62 would go good with this rifle, I'll probably never make it to Africa or a big hunt but we have big whitetail and bear that the 9.3 will meet a few.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edwardsrailcarcom00

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg