Kindle

realsamthompson

AH member
Joined
Jan 3, 2026
Messages
34
Reaction score
125
Location
Scotland
I have a long train journey tomorrow and wondering if anyone can recommend any African Hunting books that might be on Kindle?
 
I enjoyed “white hunters the golden age of African safaris”.
 
All of Ron Thomson’s books are and are very good.

The Last Safari is a good easy travel read.

Hunters Wanderings in Africa is available.

The Corbett Omnibus is good and cheap.

Ivory’s Ghosts and A Certain Curve of Horn are both great. Not pure hunting books but great in African conservation.

Karamojo Safari by Bell is good too.

There are more. But a few of those and your recommendations will start giving you good stuff.
 
+1 for Ron Thomson his books

Also B&C classic series is a good start. But there are loads of suggestions.

Check the What are your reading thread on AH for more suggestions but not limited to hunting.
 
I enjoyed “white hunters the golden age of African safaris”.
I've listened the audio book 3 times already. Great book
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,436
Messages
1,576,178
Members
170,529
Latest member
MohammedFo
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Hornedfrogbbq wrote on Rhoyland4's profile.
Do you mind me asking what auction you are referencing? I'm not in the market for any of those rifles...just curious.

Frosty in Fort Worth
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top