Just past 17:50 wow

As Doctari says, the loudest sound in Africa is a “click” when you were expecting a “bang!” Thankfully, for all involved, the buffalo obliged and that’s as far as it went.

I reckon hearing that click on an empty chamber or worse, on a cartridge that failed.
Certainly would up the palpitations when a very angry dangerous game animal was coming to have words with you!

Fortunately not all hunters are like that.

As a youngster I got a slap against the head for being overly excited downing a warthog. My old man, being very old school reminded me to have respect for any animal you hunt & treat it with dignity, regardless of the specie or "wow" factor.
I understand every one have their own ethics & beliefs, but I feel we owe it to the animals we hunt to be prepared & hunt respectfully to the best of our abilities.
This guy was totally ill prepared, but made up with it in arrogance.
A terrible ambassador for all international hunters.

Fortunately I do not earn my living by being a PH, I would probably lose out on a paycheck and gain a lawsuit IF I had to deal with a know it all client like this. Hats off to the professionals.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FlynnHeini

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.