Just past 17:50 wow

As Doctari says, the loudest sound in Africa is a “click” when you were expecting a “bang!” Thankfully, for all involved, the buffalo obliged and that’s as far as it went.

Yes sir my thought as well. That could have turned bad fast.

A lefty shooting a right handed rifle at DG. Looks wore maybe a camp rifle so possibly unfamiliar to the hunter? I wish I could say, I haven't seen people not prepared to hunt much less shoot. It wasn't dangerous game but it wasn't pretty and quite a lesson for my young son to watch. Teachable moment for the boy on what not to do. I saved one of the PH shooting tests from another thread. I'm going to use both my rifles and practice the reloads ect. Whatever I come out on top with will be my primary. That's the plan atleast, be prepared as I can.

Looks like the Guy got some good hits,Great Buff

That might make you pucker a little bit...

Wow, serious pucker factor.

That was exciting!

Sh*t happens, but what do you figure is going through a guys mind that he skips reloading his rifle?
Hot and dehydrated,
Tired,
Over excited,
???

Sh*t happens, but what do you figure is going through a guys mind that he skips reloading his rifle?
Hot and dehydrated,
Tired,
Over excited,
???

Hot headed and a thinks he knows it all type, typical TV show hunter. Can't shoot for sh*t either! Not the first time he empties a rifle without reloading.

That could have gone really bad after the dreaded click sound, that buffalo had ample time to run right over him! Why did he not have more rounds in the magazine? did he really need to load one out of his belt?

I'm no expert but that's a funny way of hunting dangerous game, or any game for that matter.

Hot and dehydrated,
Tired,
Over excited,
???

When I see something like this, hat on backwards, no round in the chamber, shooting offhand with nice trees close by to rest on, one word comes to mind, unprepared. He's another guy I wouldn't want hunting with me.

IvW, I think your assessment is spot on. This is the kind of hunter I suspect most PHs would want to "walk away" from. All "yack" and no "shack."

for me its a video :
How not to do.
And he forgot to reload.
Classical beginner mistake.
It also throws a bad light on the PH, that he didn't say anything and let him rush forward.
The big luck of the big-boiled hunter was, that the buffalo was not one of the fighters.
Foxi

It’s the type of moment the Cape buffalo is famous for blending into a nightmare.
almost too bad he didn't do it.
if the guest would have been so cocky then.
@lvW
(y)

............, that buffalo had ample time to run right over him! ...........
That buffalo had enough time to go home pack a lunch and come back after his lunch break.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoanRigby4

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you