Just Ordered My First Medium Bore Rifle

I’ve been skunked on drawing a tag the last few years. I’m working on load development for my 300WM for some long range capabilities. Given the area I’m likely to hunt will more than likely present shots over 300 yards, I’m not sure I’ll want to be carrying the 375. But I sure do know it will be sufficient to kill an elk. And some day I may take it just so it can take one. But for now my frustration with not being drawn will mean I will pull all the stops once I do get drawn so I don’t walk away empty handed.
Don’t ever think the .375 won’t reach out there. It shoots as flat as the .30~06, & packs a lot of punch when it arrives.

Finally in my possession
CFC280E1-F4D7-467E-975F-071B3324AED7.jpeg

Finally in my possession
View attachment 455367
Congrats on the new Winchester m70 safari it's a wonderful choice,but I'm kinda bias, I just purchased the same one about 1.5 year ago.
The accuracy is excellent. My gun likes A-Frame and Woodleigh rn/sn,From the bench I managed .5in group with swift 300gr A-Frame w/H4350 78.9 gr.
Good luck with your new gun

Congrats on the new Winchester m70 safari it's a wonderful choice,but I'm kinda bias, I just purchased the same one about 1.5 year ago.
The accuracy is excellent. My gun likes A-Frame and Woodleigh rn/sn,From the bench I managed .5in group with swift 300gr A-Frame w/H4350 78.9 gr.
Good luck with your new gun
Thanks for loading info. Unfortunately, finding powder or A frames is harder than a giraffe hunt in Arizona. I definitely have my eyes open though

5B9FB44D-E6CB-408F-9F0B-EB9EABEB03B0.jpeg
My Model 70 safari battery. 375 H&H. 458 Lott

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ga179sale

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you