Just finishing my safari and joined yesterday

Good day, Franco! Congratulations on your hunt! and welcome to AH!

Thanks to all of you who welcomed me to this forum. I just arrived back home in the states. I will post pictures and some accounting of my hunts.

This was actually not me first hunt in Africa - it is the first I have found this forum.

I will now try to locate the proper areas to post pictures and hunting details.

Two months safari is beyond imagination!
Congrats!
And welcome to the forum!

All experiences and photos feel free to post in this same thread that you started!

Wow Franco, that had to be one hell of an adventure. Can’t wait to read more about it and see a few pictures. Welcome to the forum.

Congratulations on a successful hunt. Interested in what your neighbors have to say considering you live in Napa.

Welcome to AH

Welcome! How about some pictures?

Welcome and congrats on such a successful safari. Looking forward to reading about a two month trip.

Congratulations on a successful hunt. Interested in what your neighbors have to say considering you live in Napa.
Not just neighbors, family as well. Fortunately for me, I live in a private area and more importantly - just don't give a damn what they think or have to say. This has served me well both professionally - 40 years of flying, and recreationally - hot rods, motorcycles, and guns.
I have found if I surround myself solely with like-minded people, life is much more enjoyable. Quite often I find myself sitting alone enjoying a fine cigar and a ration of rum.

Hello and welcome!

OK, here's some pics from my recent hunt. I'll add more later - once I see which forum they've been relocated to
IMG_0635.jpeg
IMG_0732.jpeg
IMG_1101.jpeg
IMG_1191.jpeg
IMG_1487.jpeg
IMG_1624.jpeg
IMG_5868 copy.jpeg
IMG_9566.jpeg
IMG_9713.jpeg

Fantastic!
Congrats!

Keep it coming.
You may as well add your descriptions and impressions!

Hello, I just found this site yesterday; I am packing up and heading home after almost 2 months of hunting in Zim and Zambia.

This trip had a few disappointments, but was overall both exciting and rewarding.

In Zim I got a baboon, kudu, waterbuck, a few impala, zebra, and a nice old bull elephant.

In Zambia I got another baboon, bushbuck, 2 crocs, hartebeest, 2 hippos, hyena, impala, kudu, lion, sable, 2 warthogs, and a waterbuck.

There were some very intense moments. The elephant was close up in thick brush and trees, the lion was laying in the grass 40 yds away from the bait when we went to build the blind - that led to a 25 minute stare down waiting for him to stand up, and one of the hippos was point blank as he came straight up out of the water to climb onshore.

Looking forward to the next one.
Welcome to AH. Sounds like a grand adventure. Post some pictures of the hunt

I'll try just posting one picture at a time, that way I can write something about each one.

This Sable was taken on the recent Zambia hunt. Nice old bull, showing some secondary growth - not that I know what that is - it's what the PH said. He was alone in a stand of trees, facing us about 250 yds out. I hit him center chest, he went about 50 yds.
IMG_1248.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MonteDacey

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.
sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.