It took me a while, but I finally finished it!

I might try finishing my turkey slam sometime down the road but right now I think I'm going to focus on freezer filling species of big game.

Hoping to knock off cinnamon teal and black bellied whistling duck in Mexico in 2 weeks. After that, just white front goose and ross goose. There are some birds that I don't even have photos from when I was a kid, or others where the bird is just in a meat pile. It is what it is.

After that, I may poke away at some of the subspecies and birds not included on the list of 41. I already have the emperor goose, but could go for trumpeter swan, aleutian goose, dusky goose, aluetian teal, and eurasion wigeon. Lots of options, even invasives like egyptian goose or mute swan. Where does it end?
I have often thought about going for all of the species and subspecies of geese, I have greater and lesser snows, blue and white Ross, Atlantic and black brant, 1 of the 4 cackling geese and 3 of the 5 Canada geese. The emperor goose was protected when I started but since they have started giving out a few permits I may have to try for one if I can get to Alaska again and can actually draw a tag.

I have often thought about going for all of the species and subspecies of geese, I have greater and lesser snows, blue and white Ross, Atlantic and black brant, 1 of the 4 cackling geese and 3 of the 5 Canada geese. The emperor goose was protected when I started but since they have started giving out a few permits I may have to try for one if I can get to Alaska again and can actually draw a tag.
Don't forget coot!

I did the emperor the first year it was open to residents as a registration hunt. Personally, I think they should add more non-resident tags since we don't hit the quota anyway. I also think they should end subsistence egg gathering, but what do I know.

Don't forget coot!

I did the emperor the first year it was open to residents as a registration hunt. Personally, I think they should add more non-resident tags since we don't hit the quota anyway. I also think they should end subsistence egg gathering, but what do I know.
I could never forget the coot! I guided in south Louisiana and half of the people seemed like they would rather shoot coots than mallards!
Good luck in Mexico, you should also pick up a Mexican mallard as well. I wholeheartedly agree on the subsistence egg gathering, plenty of other eggs out there to be gathered.

Welll done, congratulations!

Those black-bellied ducks like to hang out in yards and on roofs in the winter around where I live. Of course, never anywhere you could get a shot off..

IMG_5016.jpg

Welll done, congratulations!

Those black-bellied ducks like to hang out in yards and on roofs in the winter around where I live. Of course, never anywhere you could get a shot off..

View attachment 514821
Pellet gun would do.LOL blackbellied whistling ducks were a rarity in coastal Alabama until about 5 or so years ago they showed up in big numbers. They are year round residents now. I have them nesting in my backyard and can go look at at them on any day of the year. There’s a pond about 5 miles north of me and they have about 200 on it on any given day.

Pellet gun would do.LOL blackbellied whistling ducks were a rarity in coastal Alabama until about 5 or so years ago they showed up in big numbers. They are year round residents now. I have them nesting in my backyard and can go look at at them on any day of the year. There’s a pond about 5 miles north of me and they have about 200 on it on any given day.
What the guide fee?

Congratulations! Did you go on a guided hunt for the Fulvous?

I’ve heard the world waterfowl slam can be more difficult than many big game slams

Congratulations! Did you go on a guided hunt for the Fulvous?
Yes, I did. I went with Seminole Prairie Outfitters in Okeechobee, FL That's where I got all three ducks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonmark007

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg