It didn’t hurt

Strausser

AH veteran
Joined
Aug 4, 2021
Messages
127
Reaction score
197
Location
Europe
Went to the range to sight in a rifle yesterday.
Got some shoulder issues,so recoil has been rather painful on my shoulder.
Had some ideas I tested out and it seems to work as I felt no pain.
Just had to write it here as I’m rather elated.
Need to test again just to make sure,probably going tomorrow.
 
Lower bench,moving buttpad around until I found a spot that didn’t hurt and lastly,trigger side elbow pointing down.
Hardly Einstein level stuff,but I guess I’m slow.
I think the elbow thing helped the most,since it leaves more flesh behind the buttpad.
Changed my mind,going to the range today.
 
Guess I can’t write,the bench(not the normal one)is a tad lower,but the chair is a lot lower so I sit it straighter.
 
With heavy recoilers from a bench I find them manageable if I make sure that I use a high rest so that the recoil just rocks me back and doesn't just pound my shoulder. If I do that even with my 416RM 20 rounds at a sitting are not punishing.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,241
Messages
1,569,355
Members
168,660
Latest member
sweetotperkikd1978
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
hunted So Africa 4 times and more to come
 
Top