Is the African renaissance finally happening?

Kevin Peacocke

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Cleveland Gun Club
Hunted
Zimbabwe, SouthAfrica
It feels like the winds of change are blowing. Politics seems to happen in pendulum swings, and after the post colonial liberalism, communism and anti- ness that I lived through I do declare Africa is on a new path. Speaking about Zimbabwe, sensibility is more evident than ever. It is the beginning, yes, but from the new policy to repair infrastructure, through policy to protect the environment and clamp down on poaching, the initiative is in indigenous Zimbabwean hands. Unless that is a reality, forget it, it ain't going to happen with Western drivers.
Botswana is hunting again, Mozambique is tackling the insurgents, Rwanda is looking to open hunting, Zambia is level and steady. Mugabe is gone, the last wave of the die hards with him, nobody wants or needs these anachronisms any more. Now everyone can bury the hatchett and get on with it.
And what can our foreign friends do to keep the pendulum swinning in the right direction? Just come hunting as often as you can, stats mount up, fugures make compelling arguments in the sensibility game.

Kevin i love that optimistic view and pray it comes to fruition. I'm heading over to Africa very soon and spending a very big pile of USD while there;) It's going to be a blast! Not Zimbabwe this trip but all the same, good for the whole Continent.

I know some people haven't wanted to spend money in Zim in the past because they thought it all went to the corrupt people. When i was there, my PH went out of his way to show me where the money went and what was done with it. It was most definitely an incentive to the local people to support legal hunting!!!

I look forward to returning to Zimbabwe :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OdessaHayg

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.