Interarms Mark X 30-06 conversion project

Well, if/when you decide your through messing with the Taylor, I'll trade you a great Mark X 7mm Mag barrel for your Taylor barrel? You'll detach a retina anyway with the Taylor! Ha! Ha! Ha! In all seriousness, you'll love the Taylor. I have one, and I wouldn't trade it for one of BobNelsonRockefeller35Whelens' rifles. Don't get me wrong, Bob's rifles are the epitome of the .35 calibers, but they're not a .416 Taylor.
@CoElkHunter
And they never will be a 416 Taylor, I don't need that much oomph.
Bob

@CoElkHunter
And they never will be a 416 Taylor, I don't need that much oomph.
Bob
Bob,
When does “need” have anything to do with buying rifles or anything else here with AH members? I haven’t seen it yet? Ha! Ha! Besides, when you and Bruce hunt up north for those nasty scrub bulls or water Buffalo, you’ll need something bigger than your .35 Whelen or Bruce’s 9.3x64. The Taylor would work well. Any .532 bolt long action receiver will work. Find a 7mmRM, .300WM or .338WM, get a .416 Taylor barrel reamed in OZ and your in business. The case lengths and diameters are all the same, so no messing with the rails or magazine. Perfect!
CEH

Bob,
When does “need” have anything to do with buying rifles or anything else here with AH members? I haven’t seen it yet? Ha! Ha! Besides, when you and Bruce hunt up north for those nasty scrub bulls or water Buffalo, you’ll need something bigger than your .35 Whelen or Bruce’s 9.3x64. The Taylor would work well. Any .532 bolt long action receiver will work. Find a 7mmRM, .300WM or .338WM, get a .416 Taylor barrel reamed in OZ and your in business. The case lengths and diameters are all the same, so no messing with the rails or magazine. Perfect!
CEH
@CoElkHunter
Mate If'n I needs more than the Whelen loaded with 275 grain Woodleigh PPSP @2,500 fps or 225 grain hydros to take a buff or scrub bull I will go back to shooting school to learn to shoot.Yes they might be big, mean and tough but so am I and I'm the one holding the gun not them. So I personally see no problem with the Whelen..

I can even see @CBH hunting them in his pink tutu, ballet shoes and his lovely wife's 243 and popping them behind the ear as they go past. But hey they breed them tough in Australia.
The only reason @bruce moulds bought the 9.3x64 was his hand was getting sore from knocking them out with a good left hook so needed something with similar power.
Bob

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Huntingthewoods

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois