in the kitchen

Big time foodie here, although I’m also a big advocate of physical fitness.

IMG_5178.jpeg
IMG_5179.jpeg

Muntjac venison shashlick with pita bread & chimichurri sauce.

Marinate cubed Muntjac haunch with fine grained salt, freshly ground black pepper, lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil, paprika, cumin & wild garlic. Seal in a plastic bag and keep in fridge overnight to marinate. Before hitting the grill, thread on iron or wooden skewers with onion & tomato & capsicum. Brush with a little dry aged beef fat (collected from the trimmings of your latest steak dinner). Grill over a lump charcoal powered open fire (which I much prefer to briquettes).

There’s a version of this dish which employs a few drops of Colatura Di Alici (the juice of fresh anchovy fillets) as an additional flavoring for the meat. But when I prepared the dish in these photos, cooking was for the family and (barring mom & myself) nobody likes anchovies unfortunately.
 
@sgt_zim
When we travelled around Australia my wife tried Morrocan lamb targine and fell in love with it.
It was nice but me being me I told her I could cook it better.
When we got home she wanted lamb targine so I had to put my money where my mouth is. She absolutely loved it. She ended up inviting people from church for a meal (again) and I had to cook it again. Everyone when crazy for it when served with lemon,garlic and sultana couscous.
Me and my big mouth.
Bob
I love to cook, and especially watching people smile when they're eating my creations.
 
I love to cook, and especially watching people smile when they're eating my creations.
@sgt_zim
Like yourself my good friend I get great joy out of cooking ( I do all the cooking at home) I get great enjoyment out of watching people enjoy a nice meal I have prepared.
God designed us to serve.
We don't eat out very often because even when we go to better restaurants my son says dad this is shit we eat better than this at home.
I'm always amazed at how you can take simple ingredients and turn them into something nice and do it easily.
Bob
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,267
Messages
1,571,057
Members
169,250
Latest member
JoieHarget
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt Meister
480-410-1594
azklmsr462@gmail.com

have a great evening
autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
 
Top