www.tokoloshesafaris.info
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Member of
Life Member Safari International, Life Members Dallas Safari Club
Hunted
Zimbabwe, South Africa, Tanzania
Long time Zimbabwe PH, Dion Stephens passed away today. From what I understand was natural causes.

For those of you that knew him, he was a great hunter and one of the Gwaai's colorful characters.

R.I.P.

So sad to see someone taken before their time. May he rest in peace in the green fields of heaven.

So sorry to hear of his passing. Hope he has a fire and coffee going when my time comes to cross the river. Condolences to his family and close friends.

Condolences to his family.

I have been fortunate enough to have spent time with Deon in his homeland of Zimbabwe before it was stolen from him.
Even though he was not my assigned P.H together we would burn the candles down to stubs each night, a time i feel quite fortunate to have experienced.

Dion was "old-school" no doubt. I learnt quite a lot from him and several of his close friends.
Lessons that helped set me up in my own guiding business many years later.

A tough Man by any measure, a consummate professional.

My sincerest condolences to Max, Deon's wife and all his close friends, of which he had many.

Rest In Peace Ole Mate.

I'll see you at the bar.

I have been fortunate enough to have spent time with Deon in his homeland of Zimbabwe before it was stolen from him.
Even though he was not my assigned P.H together we would burn the candles down to stubs each night, a time i feel quite fortunate to have experienced.

Dion was "old-school" no doubt. I learnt quite a lot from him and several of his close friends.
Lessons that helped set me up in my own guiding business many years later.

A tough Man by any measure, a consummate professional.

My sincerest condolences to Max, Deon's wife and all his close friends, of which he had many.

Rest In Peace Ole Mate.

I'll see you at the bar.
Hi Paul, Unfortunately I have to give you more bad news Max, Dions wife passed away about a year ago.

Since you were on a hunt with another PH with Dion present in the good old bad days I am guessing you were hunting in the Gwaii? Hopefully someday someone will write a book about the Gwaii and the families that lived there.Of course somethings probably better off not putting pen to.

As I understand it Dion started having chest pains about a week ago and went into the hospital in Bulawayo, where he passed away of a heart attack earlier this week. It is a shame he was not in a hospital in the real world.

My sincerest condolences to his family and friends. RIP

How old was Dion?

We are becoming few and far between.
I am sure it will be a great loss to the community as a whole. Very sad to hear it.
May the family, friends and community find comfort in his memory.
Hamba Gashle shamwari.

Dion was 65 and lived hard and happy. So did Maxine.

Hi Paul, Unfortunately I have to give you more bad news Max, Dions wife passed away about a year ago.

Since you were on a hunt with another PH with Dion present in the good old bad days I am guessing you were hunting in the Gwaii? Hopefully someday someone will write a book about the Gwaii and the families that lived there.Of course somethings probably better off not putting pen to.

As I understand it Dion started having chest pains about a week ago and went into the hospital in Bulawayo, where he passed away of a heart attack earlier this week. It is a shame he was not in a hospital in the real world.
I know this is an old post, but I happened to stumble upon this site, but it sounds like you knew Dion and his family well…….did any of his children end up becoming guides? My dad took me to Zimbabwe to hunt in the Gwaii when I was younger a few times and went on many hunts with “Uncle Dion” and spent many hunts running around with Roy, Shane and Kylie and always wondered over the years how they were doing and if any of them followed in their dads footsteps.

Cheers!

Justin

I just happened to notice your new post. I am in RSA for medical and will be until April. I will not be able to check until I get back.

Deon was a special person. His family estate owns the property adjoining ours. I have wanted to buy it for some time, but it is in a legal mess.

Lon

So sorry to hear this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LawerenceC

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!