In memoriam - "Deadeye" has fired his last shot

Prayers for your family! Celebrate a life well lived!!!

I‘m sorry to hear about your loss. May Gods bless Deadeye and his whole family.

I am sorry for your loss. You and your mother will be in our prayers tonight. I know it doesn’t help the pain but knowing your pops was loaded for bear the day before he moved on speaks a great deal of the life he must lived. He sounds like a man to admire and a man that will certainly be missed.
RIP Deadeye.

Very sorry to hear of your father's passing. Seems he followed his passion to the very end. My sincerest condolences to you and your family.

I’m sorry for your loss. Terrible to lose someone close.

Sorry you’ve lost your dad. I hope I’m still getting ready for tomorrow’s hunt when my time comes. Respect.

Sorry to hear, you are never ready to lose your parents! Praying for you and your family, wish he could have busted one more bear, he was obviously looking forward to it!

My prayers are with you and your family.
RIP Deadeye.

My condolences on your loss. I am reminded of a passage from Genesis 27...

3 Now then, take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me, 4 and prepare for me delicious food, such as I love, and bring it to me so that I may eat, that my soul may bless you before I die.”

Swap out that bow for a 722 and it sounds like your dad knew a thing or three about bringing home game to prepare for delicious food.

May the grace of God grant you and your family peace during this time of mourning.

Condolences, prayers for him and all of you.

Sounds like, he lived a full active life.

I'm so sorry for your loss. My condolences to you and yours.

I am sorry for your loss. Its hard to lose these old hunters.
Blessings,
Philip

prayers for you and yours. Rest assured he's in a better place now.

Deepest condolences for you, your family, and friends loss.

My 89 y/o father, who in our hunting group, was known as "Deadeye" for obvious reasons died on Sunday morning. He loved to hunt and was looking forward to PA's bear season. The photo shows the scene when I went to his basement the morning after. His Mdl 722 Rem in .300 Sav w/ Redfield Widefield, ammo, knife, and radio were all ready to go. Please say a prayer for my Mom if you would please. View attachment 501379
Condolences

Sorry for your loss and condolences to you and your family.

@TundraTiger..... Thank you very much. The prayer cards at Friday's visitation will reflect the Genesis verse. I also found Jeremiah 16: 15-16.
And to all my AH brothers/sisters, I am truly touched and blessed by your kind words and prayers. I have shared your feelings with my Mom and she sends her thanks. Maybe the hunting gods will smile on our family hunting party Saturday when buck season opens.

Reactions: WAB

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Imogen6571

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois