Ideas

Dave303

New member
Joined
Jun 13, 2025
Messages
10
Reaction score
19
Location
Bronkhorstspruit
Hunted
South Africa
Morning all

So the powers at be will be flying me to Los Angeles around 12 March. I am a rather hungry for adventure kind of person so my immediate thoughts were to extend my trip and find something new to experience. New species, something niche, maybe a different method?

So to the local Americans, what would you suggest for a good time for 2-3 days hunting or fishing mid March. Preferably California but I can make it anywhere really as I have to head East home...

My ideas so far were:
hog heli hunting
Iguanas in Florida
Turkey hunt( we don't get them to hunt wild here)
Peacock bass
But looking for ideas based on local knowledge, time of year, etc.
 
Been a few years but Lake Casitas in California, bass fishing could be an option.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,310
Messages
1,572,443
Members
169,566
Latest member
billfishes
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top