Hunting Whitetails with dogs in the South?

The hunts only occur on properties large enough to support them.

If only that was the case...when it comes to deer hunting, I have no faith in humanity. People go out of their way to do things they shouldn't be doing, either by ignorance or malignant intent.

If only that was the case...when it comes to deer hunting, I have no faith in humanity. People go out of their way to do things they shouldn't be doing, either by ignorance or malignant intent.
Really? Where exactly is that happening today? I mean seriously, according to you a quarter of a million hunters are seemingly having their seasons ruined by hounds chasing deer through their leases and property. And apparently you also have information that the hound hunters flagrantly violate the law. I was not personally aware that driven hunts with dogs were still so widespread in the South as to affect that many other deer hunters, or that those who still pursue this tradition are so unethical. But you obviously have information sources of which I am unaware. I can only depend upon family members and friends in South Carolina, Florida, and Louisiana. I think we would all benefit from understanding where that is occurring. Precisely where it is occurring.

I admit, I haven't participated in a drive hunt in many years. But my brother-in-law and relatives conduct several on a vast leases every year. As you yourself can read, others on this forum still participate in these traditional hunts. So what exactly is it that you are accusing these people of?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PWA703

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.