Hunting Namibia with a semi-automatic rifle

catosilvaje

AH member
Reaction score
Hunted
Namibia
I have hunted Namibia quite a bit with bolt guns but yesterday bought a Springfield scout. Sure would make a nice saddle rifle.but is it legal to take one over for hunting. Probably need to ask my PH Johnny Sickerling

I had a friend who took over an old Remington Model 8, and I have seen Browning's used in Namibia. But a Springfield Scout would I'm sure be considered a violation of their no military rule.

Yes it does look military so far I get along with the guys in the little room at the airport, wouldn't want to ruin that. Going back in October for three months mainly just to help on the ranch with the cows. Although the black Comanchies have to eat a few zebra and gemsbuck, a nice 60 inch kudu wouldn't go unnoticed either.

Send pictures of that Kudu.

I will when I get him. I do have a nice 55 inch tips point out. Johnny saw a 60 incher recently. Told him to tie it to a waitabit tree. I'll come get him . I'll try and figure out how to post some of my pictures.

As far as the Semi-auto rifles non military are they legal I've never hunted Namibia hope to hunt there one day with Jerome, Looked at his Family's place. Nice!

Would a Springfield scout be military? If I put it in a saddle scabbard and just showed the serial number I might get by.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GordonBees

Latest profile posts

Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?
ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary [redacted]
Heym Express Safari cal .416 Rigby

Finally ready for another unforgettable adventure in Namibia with Arub Safaris.

H2863-L348464314_original.jpg
Unforgettable memories of my first hunting safari with Arub Safaris in Namibia (Khomas Hochland) !!!

Namibia.jpg
Oryx.jpg
Kudu.jpg
ghay wrote on Joel Rouvaldt's profile.
Love your rifle! I'm needing a heavier rifle for Africa. Sold my .375 Dakota Safari several trips ago. Would you have any interest in a trade of some sort involving the custom 338/06 I have listed here on the site ( I have some room on my asking price. I also have a large quantity of the reloading components and new Redding dies as well as a box of A-Square Dead Tough ammo.