Hunting Day Packs

gizmo

Sponsor
Since 2015
AH ambassador
Reviews
4
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
8,020
Reaction score
15,650
Location
Texas
Website
www.rockinggranch.com
Deals & offers
123
Media
1,826
Articles
7
Hunting reports
Africa
6
USA/Canada
8
Europe
1
Member of
NRA, DSC, SCI, Exotic Wildlife Association, Texas Taxidermy Association Life Member, National Taxidermy Association, TTHA,DUCKS UNLIMITED
Hunted
Namibia-Khomas Highlands, Romania, South Africa- Kalahari , Eastern Cape, USA, Fished Brazil, Mexico, USA
Ladies and gentlemen this is what I've been very excited about. I would like to present to you the first of our line hunting day packs from our personal accessories line. This particular bag is the "Elephant". The bag body is top grain oiled leather for years of worry free use and the elephant hide flaps and pockets are tanned in a vintage tan. This is real elephant and not some cheap look alike crap. The entire bag is hand sewn with top quality kangaroo lace. All of the hardware and the concho is Sterling Silver and the concho is hand engraved by a local silversmith.
These bags start at $450 and go up from there depending upon material made from. The "elephant" as shown is $850 plus tax and shipping. We also have a ladies line for the misses as well! Allow 4-6 weeks for delivery as again these are handmade.
One great thing about this hand made work is the colors are completely customizable. I am currently working on another elephant back which will be grey elephant with a darker leather and black stitching.
Other materials I have on hand are ostrich, shark, alligator, croc, hippo, camen, as well as a few others. Hair on hides can also be used.
These are hand made here by Top of Texas Taxidermy. Everything is reinforced and these are practical and functional bags built to take the abuse of hunting. Whether in the field or out on the town these bags are sure to be a show stopper.
Stay tuned, I have a lot more coming down the pipe in the near future.
IMG_2166.JPG
IMG_2167.JPG
IMG_2168.JPG
IMG_2170.JPG
IMG_2171.JPG
IMG_2169.JPG
IMG_2173.JPG
 
@Clayton here you go buddy this is what we discussed the other day.
 
That's pretty cool.
 
Thanks Simon. I'm pretty excited about these.
 
Gizmo, how hard is it to import elephant skins.
 
Gizmo, how hard is it to import elephant skins.
Simon, extremely Difficult to try and do yourself. To import any elephant products one must have cites permits. The elephant I use I purchase from a leather wholesaler which they have them imported and go through all of the import process. Once it is legally imported I am able to buy it from a wholesaler and make and sell items from the elephant hide. This particular leather I have the cites tag for (though they aren't required to give it to me) as it was on the hide when I purchased it. I hand select every piece of leather for all of our products so that it is only the best.
 
Slick
 
Nice job Erik!
 
You do nice work Erik.
 
Great stuff Erik, those look amazing. What a perfect item.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,363
Messages
1,574,230
Members
169,973
Latest member
GilbertTur
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top