Website
ss.globalrescue.com
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Member of
Safari Club International, Dallas Safari Club, Grand Slam Club/Ovis
hunter-medical-evacuation.jpg

I'm thinking that for ANY "off the map" travel, be it a hunt, or whatever, Global Rescue would be an essential component of our planning. Climbing Everest? Antarctic adventures? paddling up the Amazon? G R for your own, and family's sake ... This from a bloke with NO love or appreciation for insurance companies. As an aside, what do the people of PNG call insurance companies? PukPuks. (crocodiles, they'll eat anything).

Anybody with experience getting rescued or making a claim? I've had travel insurance since 1990 and yet to make a claim. It comes packaged with my homeowners policy.

Anybody with experience getting rescued or making a claim?
Good question. I would like to know myself.
(if the local government cannot provide rescue service with helicopters, or boats, or other assets, then how a foreign company can do?)

Good question. I would like to know myself.
(if the local government cannot provide rescue service with helicopters, or boats, or other assets, then how a foreign company can do?)
I know Happy Myles had an incident where he was seriously mauled by a leopard. As I recall he was air lifted to Germany? Would like to hear what insurance was involved. An interesting side note: that leopard essentially saved his life. While he was hospitalized they discovered colon cancer. That cat should have got a medal. Instead it gets shot. I wonder if Happy got a mount out of it?

I know Happy Myles had an incident where he was seriously mauled by a leopard. As I recall he was air lifted to Germany? Would like to hear what insurance was involved. An interesting side note: that leopard essentially saved his life. While he was hospitalized they discovered colon cancer. That cat should have got a medal. Instead it gets shot. I wonder if Happy got a mount out of it?
Ontario, i had no airlift to Germany. our Mayday call brought in a young teenager in a small wing over plane and he had just got his license. He made such a e rough landing on a hastily cleared strip I was afraid for his life. He flew me to Windhoek For free. The doctor who patched me up at the hospital charged me a hundred bucks Cash. He wa happy with a crisp 100 dollar bill. The hospital was great. Back in Los Angeles the plastic surgeon sent me to another doctor for a physical and discovered I had serious colorectal cancer. Yes, the cat saved my life. Another time i spent time in Uganda hospital with stomach blockage it was a nightmare.
Since then I have been a faithful customer of Global Rescue. You always think it will not happen to yourself and then it does. Do yourself a favor and use Global Rescue

Last edited:
Ontario, i had no airlift to Germany. our Mayday call brought in a young teenager in a small wing over plane and he had just got his license. He made such a e rough landing on a hastily cleared strip I was afraid for his life. He flew me to Windhoek For free. The doctor who patched me up at the hospital charged me a hundred bucks Cash. He wa happy with a crisp 100 dollar bill. The hospital was great. Back in Los Angeles the plastic surgeon sent me to another doctor for a physical and discovered I had serious colorectal cancer. Yes, the cat saved my life. Another time i spent time in Uganda hospital with stomach blockage it was a nightmare.
Since then I have been a faithful customer of Global Rescue. You always think it will not happen to yourself and then it does. Do yourself a favor and use Global Rescue
Glad to get that story straight from the source. Did you get to keep the leopard?

Yes indeed, i kept the leopard. It was a problem leopard and I was asked to stop elephant hunting to take care of cat. After i was mauled I jokingly asked the government agent if I got to keep the cat. He nodded seriously and said, he would organize it as that seemed fair. I had it mounted in full charge. It was not very big, luckily for me. Recently gave it and a warehouse full of taxidermy to a couple colleges.

Yes indeed, i kept the leopard. It was a problem leopard and I was asked to stop elephant hunting to take care of cat. After i was mauled I jokingly asked the government agent if I got to keep the cat. He nodded seriously and said, he would organize it as that seemed fair. I had it mounted in full charge. It was not very big, luckily for me. Recently gave it and a warehouse full of taxidermy to a couple colleges.
Hmmm. No licenses for leopard in South Africa but maybe if I tie myself to a stake at night and sit on a gut pile, one will attack and I'll get a freebie :D .

I did not say it was a freebie

global_rescue_350342805_758653992662573_2670646712614807546_n.jpg

One day you are vacationing on an island, and the next you are hunkering down and bracing for a cyclone. If you are not privy to hurricanes and cyclones (or even if you are) this can be a scary thing and will definitely impact your vacation.

For one of our members, saying this category four cyclone impacted their vacation would be an understatement!

A window broke, causing significant damage to his hand. A local physician examined and diagnosed him with two severed tendons and suggested immediate surgery. Being on a relatively remote island, this was not something they could accommodate nearby and our medical operations team organized (and paid for) the member and his wife to fly to Brisbane, Australia for the surgery.

When he was given his fit-to-fly letter from his doctors in Brisbane, we organized and paid for (again) him to return home safely and finish his recovery from home.

Do you know where you would even begin if you are injured while traveling? Do you know where the best hospitals are? With a Global Rescue Membership, you don't have to worry about any of that. Just call us.

Climbing season is going strong in the Himalayas and our Global Rescue team is ready if our members need us.

345674152_625994829101860_415537062115970794_n.jpg

He nodded seriously and said, he would organize it as that seemed fair. I had it mounted in full charge.
You really are HAPPY Miles!
Congrats on leopard!

381233564_708984267931556_705024563500309129_n.jpg

Like a walk in the forest in the fall. While your attention will likely be focused on the colors in the tree canopy, it's often those slippery leaves fallen on the ground that you should be watching most. ‍♀️

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ShoshanaHe

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross