Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
US and South Africa
Wall Street Journal says eat deer.

Now that the deer are eating our elite gardens, apparently it’s ok to hunt and eat them. :oops:

Screen Shot 2021-07-12 at 8.44.10 AM.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Now that the deer are eating our elite gardens, apparently it’s ok to hunt and eat them. :oops:

That will be just about as popular as a pork chop in a mosque with the anti-hunting low information morons.

Took a trip down to Texas Hill Country 4-5 years ago. Couldn’t believe the number of deer on the roads, in the neighborhoods, etc. We stopped counting the road kills. Looked like a good opportunity to fill the freeze to me! Suppressed .22 rimfire and a little discretion would be the ticket.

Texas hill country is the deer capital of the world! More deer per square mile than any other place. And that’s not including the free ranging exotic deer also. I’d find it almost impossible to find at least two people that live in the area that haven’t lost a vehicle due to deer/automobile collisions.

We did our part to fix this problem in TX and AK.. and put a total of 7 whitetail and blacktail in the freezer in the last 12 months..

We intend on eating all of them...

:)

I think the more practical problem is how to safely harvest enough in the more urban areas to put a dent there. It would have to be archery only in most places. My parents and sister have deer in the backyard but it's way to built up to shoot a gun safely.

And there in them lies the problem.

Interesting that they should use an image of a European roebuck.

I know farmers that kill hundreds in summer and let them rot. Yet here in SC we went from zero limits to new limits of 5 bucks yearly. Farmers are still shooting them nightly right now by permit. We do have lots of deer though. Many dense forests and swamps. We used to try to kill as many as possible and still have too many. But I will say population seems stable these days. Been that way for a while now.

What are exotic deer species in Texas? And what are their numbers and distribution?

I think the more practical problem is how to safely harvest enough in the more urban areas to put a dent there. It would have to be archery only in most places. My parents and sister have deer in the backyard but it's way to built up to shoot a gun safely.
I'm don't have any experience with archery bit I'm not sure that will float, I expect there will be more deer lost with archery than firearms.
The problem you face is that some Government agency will take the lead if there is culling to happen. They won't have competent archers and they will claim to be expert shooters.
I do think suppressed firearms with appropriate ammo could be used safely. You can pass up a shot if you have to.

Anyway it won't happen and you might be best to sneak one where you can

What are exotic deer species in Texas? And what are their numbers and distribution?
Fallow and axis for deer, but also blackbucks, nilgai, scimitar-horned oryx, aoudad, stag, et al

There are tons of exotics here.

Wonderful menu, of exotic species for a Texas hunter! (y)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelitaAu

Latest profile posts

Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,