How to sight in a Bergstutzen O/U rifle with 2 different caliber barrels?

IvW

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
BASA, CHASA
Hunted
South Africa, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Botswana, Namibia,Zambia
I have been thinking about a Bergstutzen rifle for a while. It makes for a interesting hunting rifle concept but, I cannot find any information on the internet with regards to sighting in. The Bergstutzen has two different calibers in the same barrel set.

The Krieghoff Bergstutzen has some form of wedge on the barrels that is used for regulation.

One barrel would be in 9.3x74R and the other in 7x65R or 6.5x65R.

I am a walk and stalk hunter and find this an appealing rifle for my own hunting.

The other alternative would be to just get one set of barrels in 9.3x74R and another set in 7x65R, however the cost for the second set is quite high.

Any feedback from anybody with experience regarding a Bergstutzen rifle would be appreciated, many thanks.

Hopefully this link shows how to regulate a Blaser. Otherwise search Blaser regulation on YouTube.

Cool thanks that helps.

Only problem I now have is the largest caliber for the small caliber is 6.5x65R and I would like it to be 7x65R.

May have to look at a two barrel set @ 2000 Euro more

That's a shame. I've just got a 7x65R and am pretty impressed with it. Only shot on the range so far, will take it hunting before the end of the month.

That's a shame. I've just got a 7x65R and am pretty impressed with it. Only shot on the range so far, will take it hunting before the end of the month.

Great caliber I have one in a combination. 7x65R/12ga 2 3/4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
majisman

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross