Hornady 275 grain 358 roundnose bullets

MS 9x56

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Was in my LGS last night when I found a box of NOS of Hornady Roundnose 358 bullets in 275 grain. I had not seen those before so of course I bought them. Now on the hunt for load data for my Whelan and 9x56 ms.

Nope, never seen those... I would definitely use those in my .350 Rem Mag for bears... I loved the 250 RN's... wish they didn't discontinue them. I switched to the 250 HC for general use and 250 Parts when I get serious.

Was in my LGS last night when I found a box of NOS of Hornady Roundnose 358 bullets in 275 grain. I had not seen those before so of course I bought them. Now on the hunt for load data for my Whelan and 9x56 ms.
I'm a big .35 Whelen fan. This data is from the Lee Loading Manual 2nd edition by Richard Lee.

Use at your own discretion, following careful reloading practices, start low, work up, and carefully watch for pressure signs. All rifles are an entity unto themselves.
Personally, I would load to a longer COL, to reduce pressure, as long as they fit in the magazine, and cycle properly.
Let us know your test results.
.35 Whelen Load Data.jpg

Not much help but there are no loads listed for the 9x56MS on L**D data.com with a 275 grain bullet.

I found some loads for 9x56 ms, 270 grain in a 1962 Lyman loading manual. I may try starting loads and slowly work my way up.

@MS 9x56
Dear not young man I will look up some loads and on you.
I have loaded the 275gn Woodleigh PPSP in my Whelen to almost 2,600 fps without any issues. They were superbly accurate and very potent.
I have yet to shoot something with them.
They have the same as as the 276gn 9.3 projectiles that gave such a good reputation in large game so should work well for you.
May not get the velocity you need out if the 9x56 for them but I will check.
Bob

Thank you Bob. My only interest in loading it in my MS is to duplicate an original loading by RWS with a 270 grain bullet. I plan on taking it bear hunting with this load, this fall. I have ruled out loading in my 358 winchester as the throat is not long enough in my BLR to prevent infusion into the case reducing powder capacity. I must swage the bullet down to 354 for use in my 9x56.

Thank you Bob. My only interest in loading it in my MS is to duplicate an original loading by RWS with a 270 grain bullet. I plan on taking it bear hunting with this load, this fall. I have ruled out loading in my 358 winchester as the throat is not long enough in my BLR to prevent infusion into the case reducing powder capacity. I must swage the bullet down to 354 for use in my 9x56.
@MS 9x56
PM sent.
Loads for both the Whelen and the 9x56.
Bob

I finally got 50 pieces swaged down to 354 to load for my 9x56 MS. Now the hard part to try and find some 4064 powder.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buyproductboxesuk

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.