Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Cleveland Gun Club
Hunted
Zimbabwe, SouthAfrica
Holland and Holland have just posted the emergence of their new look shop in London, it is looking great, just like it used to, just as it should be. I will definitely put them back on my visiting list when in London.
35595C3A-6386-4BD3-BC12-0CE2F700EA23.jpeg

Looks great! Thanks for sharing @Kevin Peacocke

Ive got a long layover in London next month on my way to do a little hunting in Ireland and was considering how to spend my time... It looks like a quick visit to H&H just made the list :)

Thank you Kevin, you always share classy stuff!
I visited H&H some years ago...I'd like to find some pics I could have somewhere (still shot on photographic film) and post them...

Thank you Kevin, you always share classy stuff!
I visited H&H some years ago...I'd like to find some pics I could have somewhere (still shot on photographic film) and post them...
Please do Phil, it is a great company that deserves to shine once more.

Found them!
As you see, they're not very clear as indeed are pictures ...of pictures (shot in august 2001 - definitely much more than "some years ago").
Goosbumps, I was so exited just to enter in the shop! Enlarging these few pics, I can still feel the beauty, tradition, even the scent of leather, oils, waxes...
I bet you will, too
IMG_20220926_222900.jpg

IMG_20220926_222949.jpg
IMG_20220926_223104.jpg
IMG_20220926_223022.jpg

Thank you again Kevin for this little travel in some of my dearest memories!

I visit their range pretty much every year. It has never lost the proper feel.

Damn ... one more thing to add to my bucket list. Wife loves London so maybe I can go look as some fine weapons some day.

That’s on my bucket list!

If you’re interested in shotgunning, they are the best, hands down. I shot master class for years and worked with many of the best instructors in the world. I have never seen better. And that range, oh my! A 130 foot tower with three decks of traps, throwing clouds of clays over a valley at a pace that a team of eight guns with loaders can’t keep up with!

I only wish i could buy one, but will visit the place on first occasion! (maybe i could afford at least their rifle sling)

If you are going to be in London, set up to visit Purdeys, then Holland and Holland (walking distance). Stop in at the Churchill cigar shop on the way. After Hollands pop across the street to see the Bentleys on the corner and finish off at the ancient pub opposite H&H. Then in the afternoon catch the tube across the river to Rigbys, but they like you to make an appointment first. Next morning catch the breakfast train to Birmingham and visit Westley Richards, a short taxi ride from the station. Steven Harridance will look after you and show you the workshop. Good to let them know you are coming too.
After that lot you will be all fired up for Africa, and thoroughly broke!

If you are going to be in London, set up to visit Purdeys, then Holland and Holland (walking distance). Stop in at the Churchill cigar shop on the way. After Hollands pop across the street to see the Bentleys on the corner and finish off at the ancient pub opposite H&H. Then in the afternoon catch the tube across the river to Rigbys, but they like you to make an appointment first. Next morning catch the breakfast train to Birmingham and visit Westley Richards, a short taxi ride from the station. Steven Harridance will look after you and show you the workshop. Good to let them know you are coming too.
@Kevin Peacocke, it looks like you know London very well! I have a Sunday to kill, however it seems like all the gun shops and cigar shops will be closed. Do you perhaps have any suggestions?

All of the pubs will be open of course from about 11am. I like the Swan, opposite Hyde Park, Lancaster Gate tube is the closest. Then a short walk away is the Victoria which serves Punjab ale, very good. If you are a culture buff the Victoria and Albert museum is an absolute must. Or the RAF museum, fabulous aurcraft displays and sometimes a classic car exhibit mixed in, but it is a 40 minute train ride. If you just want to chill head to one of the sit out spots on the south bank, near the London Eye. For a bit of evening noise and buzz visit one of the Phineas Fog pubs, there are five in the collection last time I looked. I like the House of Botanicals the best, you may have to book and you can have lunch or dinner too. Excellent cocktails.

All of the pubs will be open of course from about 11am. I like the Swan, opposite Hyde Park, Lancaster Gate tube is the closest. Then a short walk away is the Victoria which serves Punjab ale, very good. If you are a culture buff the Victoria and Albert museum is an absolute must. Or the RAF museum, fabulous aurcraft displays and sometimes a classic car exhibit mixed in, but it is a 40 minute train ride. If you just want to chill head to one of the sit out spots on the south bank, near the London Eye. For a bit of evening noise and buzz visit one of the Phineas Fog pubs, there are five in the collection last time I looked. I like the House of Botanicals the best, you may have to book and you can have lunch or dinner too. Excellent cocktails.
Thank you, that is helpful!

Good thought on Westley Richards. I’m in Birmingham pretty regularly and have never stopped by their shop.

Fantastic itinerary!
To improve the plan:
Buying rifle sling at Hollands,
Cartridge pouch at Purdey,
A hunting shirt at RIgby,
A hat at WR!
Pack of cigars at Churchill.
All in a day!

Then, going to Zim, with ZKK 602, and all above necessities, and having a Churchill cigar after getting a buffalo!

This might work!
PS at Bentley shop getting a brand key holder, for gun case padlocks keys....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmieFletch

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg