Hi from Down Under

@A. Swan
There's a few good shops in Qld that may be able to help you.
Cleavers firearms in Margate.
Rebel gun works
And
The barn.
I have been able to get brass from them that others haven't been able to get. Admittedly it wasn't for the big boomers but for the almost dead 25-20 wcf.
Bob
Thanks mate. yeah cleavers are the one trying to source my 416, I have not been to rebel yet, but will make the time soon
 
Welcome from a Mexican.

Good to have another Aussie on board.

I see you're an SSAA member. Your're probably aware of the SSAA BRGC - a great opportunity to meet like minded souls shooting some cool rifles chambered in cartidges that start a 4 or a 5.

... as well as some that shoot cute little rounds like the 9.3s :ROFLMAO:
Gday. yeah i am really excited to get involved with the BRGC members.
Getting involved is what is driving most of my questions here :)
 
G'day and welcome. What part of Oz do you call home?
Western Australia. With the current state of affairs, I would have to say, unfortunately.
 
Gday, I am also South African born living in Qld for just over a decade.
If you dont mind me asking, what make and model is your 500 and where did you purchase it?
I am having a bit of a hard time finding dealers that stock large caliber rifles.
My local gunshop is currently inquiring from Winchester USA to source me a model 70 in .416 Rem mag
Nice. I like Qld.
Interesting story about my .500 Jeff. It is a custom rifle built by Sabi in SA on a double square bridge Mauser sporting action. I stumbled upon it on ozgunsales (second hand firearms). It was built for an Aussie PH who runs Buffalo hunting safaris in the NT. He sold it a few years ago to a guy in Qld who I then bought it from. Came all the way to Aus to get myself a SA custom built big bore.
Yes, large calibres are hard to come in Aus, especially new. The second hand market is probably the best option. Also, ask at your local Big Game Rifle Club, some guys there will have guns they would want to move on.
 
Welcome from a Mexican.

Good to have another Aussie on board.

I see you're an SSAA member. Your're probably aware of the SSAA BRGC - a great opportunity to meet like minded souls shooting some cool rifles chambered in cartidges that start a 4 or a 5.

... as well as some that shoot cute little rounds like the 9.3s :ROFLMAO:
Thank you.

Yes, I'm aware of the SSAA BRGC. I've visited our local club a few times. Great people, big guns and fun times.
 
Nice. I like Qld.
Interesting story about my .500 Jeff. It is a custom rifle built by Sabi in SA on a double square bridge Mauser sporting action. I stumbled upon it on ozgunsales (second hand firearms). It was built for an Aussie PH who runs Buffalo hunting safaris in the NT. He sold it a few years ago to a guy in Qld who I then bought it from. Came all the way to Aus to get myself a SA custom built big bore.
Yes, large calibres are hard to come in Aus, especially new. The second hand market is probably the best option. Also, ask at your local Big Game Rifle Club, some guys there will have guns they would want to move on.
I have purchased a number of big bore rifles both bolt action and doubles from members of the BGRC in Queensland .
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,325
Messages
1,573,018
Members
169,687
Latest member
WallaceBlo
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top