Hexalock mounts?

DanM856

Reaction score

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-06-17 at 1.19.48 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-06-17 at 1.19.48 PM.png
    579.8 KB · Views: 420
Last edited by a moderator:
Have a set on back order in 30mm for my new M12 Max 9.3x62....being told a few weeks before they show up. Biggest complaint with the German made rifles is lack of availability and back order waits. Europtics.com is great to deal with and gets orders right out to you as soon as things come in. Talk to Tyler if you want a set, he’s top notch.

Good news and thanks for the update! I'm keen to hear of both the build quality and the reliability of return to zero.

I'm based in Ireland and have just purchased one of the new Mauser M18's in 6.5 Creedmoor (ideal for our local deer species). I have a Schmidt & Bender variable with 56mm objective and a Nightforce with same objective that I'd like to switch between so will be good to hear your first hand review. Thanks again and looking forward to hearing from you.

Dan

they look very high.
bruce.

Was told they are medium height. Most of the quick detach mounts I’ve had seemed to sit a tad bit higher than my fixed mounts, but it’s never been noticeable when I was shooting. Will post a picture once mine arrive.

How did the mounts work out?

They showed right about the time my parents flew in for a week’s visit. Had to leave on a business trip after that so haven’t had a chance to mount them up yet. Will post when I get back this weekend and get a chance to set them up.

Well, first impression is that these are a pain in the ass to mount. Bases need to be mounted with adhesive and screws, Grrr. I’ve always just used a little locktite on the threads, never had an issue, bot Mauser is specifying an adhesive with the screws. The quick releases need to be adjusted, ones too lose and the other is too tight, but the torx screws are so tight I can’t get them lose to attempt the adjustments needed. Fighting with these for over an hour and finally said the hell with this, before I screw something up or strip the heads. Going to take the rifle and mounts over to our gun shop and have their smith do the mounting. Sure he’ll have the tools and know how to get these mounted, where I’m just getting frustrated. FYI, the instructions aren’t very good.

Jesus that sounds like a nightmare already! I've heard they are finicky but not that that bad, let's see how the gunsmith does - best of luck and keep us updated!

Rifle is back from the smith. He got the Hexalocks installed and they seem to work fine. The smith said you need a little experience and the proper tools to mount these rings and could see where I would have been frustrated trying to put them on myself. The $42.00 for his time was well spent, and he even bore sighted it for me. Will report back once I’ve dialed the rifle in, removed/remounted the scope a few times, and see if it holds a consistent zero, or at least very close to one.

Interesting and good to hear that it worked out in the end.
Surely the proof will be in the pudding once you detach & re-attach for check of zero. Pity it's such a nightmare for initial set up as I assume the addition of a second scope with a second set of rings will be straight forward - let us know how the zeroing goes! Thanks again!

Interesting and good to hear that it worked out in the end.
Surely the proof will be in the pudding once you detach & re-attach for check of zero. Pity it's such a nightmare for initial set up as I assume the addition of a second scope with a second set of rings will be straight forward - let us know how the zeroing goes! Thanks again!

Hopefully Sunday will be range day and i’ll Have good news to report (y)

Back from the range and dialing in the Mauser M12 with the Hexalock QD rings. Took a bit as I wasn’t even on paper initially at 50 yards. So much for the bore sighting that was supposed to have been done. Had to start at 25 yards to get on paper then work back out to 100. Forgot what a pain in the butt it is to dial in this way. About 40 rounds and a bit of a sore shoulder later, I can happily report that everything is working very nicely so far. Only dismounted and remounted the scope once but she went right back to where she was at beforehand. After 40 rounds, that was enough for one day. Not overly recoil sensitive but have to admit that last 5 rounds were starting to make me flinch a tad. Will post again after my next range trip when I can run through a few more mount/dismount cycles with the Hexalocks.

Great to hear you finally got it sorted and it worked out! I will go ahead and get a set and let you know how I get on!
Back from the range and dialing in the Mauser M12 with the Hexalock QD rings. Took a bit as I wasn’t even on paper initially at 50 yards. So much for the bore sighting that was supposed to have been done. Had to start at 25 yards to get on paper then work back out to 100. Forgot what a pain in the butt it is to dial in this way. About 40 rounds and a bit of a sore shoulder later, I can happily report that everything is working very nicely so far. Only dismounted and remounted the scope once but she went right back to where she was at beforehand. After 40 rounds, that was enough for one day. Not overly recoil sensitive but have to admit that last 5 rounds were starting to make me flinch a tad. Will post again after my next range trip when I can run through a few more mount/dismount cycles with the Hexalocks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonmark007

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg