Henry Lever Action or Bolt Action?

kristian55

AH senior member
Joined
May 11, 2009
Messages
90
Reaction score
4
Member of
crossbownation
Henry Lever Action or Bolt Action?
Henry Lever Action or Bolt Action, Your preferences for the
calibers of .375 UP.
What opinions and suggestions or it is a question of preference.
 
Hello kristian55,
You posted this thread some time ago and I noticed no one replied. I don't own a Henry Rifle, but I do own some lever-action rifle, Winchester 1895 Grade 1 in .30-06 (3rd Gen) & in .405 Win. I have shot the Henry in .44 Mag and it is a very nice rifle.
The one issue I find with your question is that Henry Rifle doesn't offer a production rifle any larger than .44 Mag, .45 Colt & .357 Mag. It might be possible to get one custom made, but has the possibility of having a high price tag.

There may be some calibers better/larger than the .405 Win., one that comes to mind is the B&M Alaskan-

B & M Rifles and Cartridges - 50 B&M Alaskan

I have no knowledge of any lever actions in .375 H&H, .416 Rem or Rigby, .458 Win or Lott. As for practicality I will leave that up to the firearm aficionados.

I will say it would be interesting to know if there are lever actions available in the "classic Africa" cartridges, don't know that I would want one.

If I were to pick the lever action would be my pick hands down, I can cycle my lever action a lot faster than my bolt actions.

The question would be are you wanting the rifle for North American game or African game. If it is the latter then importing a lever action my be an issue.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,281
Messages
1,571,571
Members
169,373
Latest member
MatthewHal
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top