Hello from Mexico

NETO35

Reaction score
Member of
MEXICO ARMADO, NRA
Hello everyone,

I live in Monterrey, Mexico, just two hours an halft from the border with Texas. I just found this nice forum some minutes ago and I decided to register myselft. I have never been for hunting in Africa but this is something I'd like to do. I know I will learn so many things from people with experience as you. English is my second language, so, please apologize my writing.

Best regards

NETO

Como esta, Neto? Bienvenida a African Hunting...

I have been to Monterrey many times and my family has ranched in Mexico in the past, as well as in West Texas near El Paso, texas. and in the Big Bend Country of Texas.

I have been in the African hunting business for almost 40 years I guess, plus I also book hunts in about 50 countries including your home country of Mexico, where I book both Desert Mule Deer, Crooki Mule deer and Del Carmin and Coues Whitetail.

If I can be of any assistence to you or answer any questions for you give me and email or contact me on this forum..

Good luck and glad to have you aboard.

Vaya con dios,
Ray

Gracias Ray!

Nuevo Leon, Sonora, Chihuahua and Coahuila are very good places to hunt white tail deer or mule deer and that is the biggest animal I have been hunting so far. As you know, we don't have big animals in Mexico. There are some ranches in Mexico where you can hunt an Eland but the prices are very high.
I would like to go to Africa in the next couple of years and I know there are several things I have to learn first. I just took a quick view to the posts last night but I couldn't read all of them.

Have a nice day.

Neto

Hola Neto, como esta?

Over the years I've enjoyed hunting Desert Mule Deer and Coues Whitetail down your way. Glad you joined this forum.

Welcome to AH Neto!

Hola, Sr. Neto.

Welcome to the forum. I've lived along the U.S. border with your country all my life and have hunted and fished many places in Sonora, Chihuahua and the two Baja Californias.

I suspect we both know a few of the Mexican hunters who were members of SCI when there was an SCI chapter in Monterey years ago.

I helped one of them, Hubert Thummler of Mexico City, write his memoirs. Safari Press published it in 2006 as "Wind In My Face, the Shikars and Safaris of a Cazador de Mexico."

There are some good people on this site with lots of experience in Africa, so don't hesitate to ask questions about the continent we all love to hunt.

Bill Quimby

Thanks!!

Big5, Jerome, Bill,

Thanks for the welcome. This is a very nice forum. There are several topics I have to read and I can spend hours reading and learning many things from expert hunters like you. Africa is a dream for me since I was a child. The thing I like most when I am hunting is the fact I am interacting with the flora and fauna and I will enjoy a lot being hunting in Africa. A very good trophy is important but for me it goes to a second place. I hope to take my son for hunting in the future and that will be the greatest hunting experience I will have even if we don't hunt anything.

Best Regards,

Neto

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
propercapsules

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!