Hello from Florida

Just ask them what color crayon is their favorite :)

I worked for Marines in the Navy for 7 years and appreciate them dearly

And I got rescued by the Coast Guard once (very long story) so I’ve let go of all my “puddle pirate” jokes

Welcome aboard!
Thanks! Agree with your sentiments on working for Marines. The most capable leaders I’ve had outside of the military were both Marines and I treasure the bond we have. Glad to hear the Coasties saved you, Semper Paratus!
 
I’ll be focused in on PG (maybe my second trip I’ll have the opportunity to go after a buffalo). Really would like to have a chance at a Kudu but my good friend tells me that in Pongola I also need to consider a Nyala.

How many animals were on your list for your first trip? Which was your favorite?
Nyala may be one of the prettiest looking antelopes in Africa, as far as hunting, kudu hunting is still one of my favorite animals to hunt, very challenging. Given you have some time to think about the available animals where you are hunting, watching some YouTube videos may help you decide if you'd prefer to hunt kudu or nyala, or maybe something else. I honestly watch YouTube hunting videos every day!

Regardless if you are taking a 50,000 hunt or a 5,000 hunt, Africa is special, I have enjoyed all of my hunts whether they were trophy animals or for management animals.
 
welcome welcome welcome
 
You are going to fall in love with Africa!
Long time visitor to AH, first time poster. I’ve learned a lot from the knowledge and experiences shared here and appreciate the professionalism of this community. While most of my background is in hunting here in the U.S. (and enforcing those laws as Mr. Green Jeans), Africa has always been a dream, and I look forward to learning more and contributing where I can. Planning on heading to Africa in 2027 with a good friend who has been to Africa three times. We will be going Harloo Safaris.
 
Welcome! Nothing like AH for information and getting people on their way to Africa.
Let us know if we can help you in any way.
 
Welcome to the family and the forum!
 
Welcome aboard!
 
Welcome on board. I'm in Hernando Beach, just take FL 50 west past the Weeki Wachee Mermaids. Enjoy your first trip it's an experience you can't replicate.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,304
Messages
1,572,232
Members
169,510
Latest member
SelenaWick
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top