Hello from Austria

Awww, the usual "weekend bugs"... That must have been quite upsetting, especially if a few encounters. Chamois are indeed very "shy" and don´t like too much human activites around them. In the Alps, between the mountain bikers with stereo in the summer and the ones on ski in the winter, which scare them (so that they burn their precious energy, which could have helped them to survive up to the summer...), it is quite a challenge.

I hope your next chamois hunt will go more smoothly. Was it in Slovenia or in Tyrol?
It was in Slovenia, my hunt in Tyrol was super remote. Huge area south of Lienz. They tell me they have the same problem there with hikers, even thought it is a long ways from town.

Slovenia looked like a Saturday and Sunday parade of people.

These are all the reviers south of Ferlach.

A lot of climbers, and a lot of climbing stores in the Bled/Kranj area so I think it is a big thing there.
 
Hello and welcome!
 
Servus! Much of my family is from Austria and I have spent some of my happiest vacations and hunting times there. I hope it brings youi as much joy as it has brought me.

The dining in Vienna is exceptional, if you have not yet tried Steirereck and the Schwartz Kamel I commend them both to you.
 
Welkom! Enjoy the forum, wmh!
 
Welcome to the family!
 
Hi dear hunting friends,

I am new to this website but I already made use of the fantastic forum and with my great surprise, the community is amazing.

I therefore wanted to briefly introduce myself and say hello.

I am currently living in Vienna, as an expat where I rent a small 150 ha in low Austria to hunt mostly deers, boars and small game.
View attachment 694387I had the occasion to go on a few hunts within Austria and CZ but so far the best experience was the Chamois hunt in the Austrian mountains.

Hereby a few pictures of my recent hunts.

Looking forward to engage in the community.

Don´t hesitate to PM me if you are in Vienna.



Cheers,

Oli
Good day mate!!!
Welcome aboard .....
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,348
Messages
1,573,662
Members
169,807
Latest member
BoydGreenw
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top