Greetings from TN

Rys

New member
Joined
Sep 7, 2015
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Although I personally am not a big game hunter my father-in-law lived to hunt.
I believe he went on safari at least 8 or nine times. He loved Africa so much that he wanted to move there. It was only his love for his family that kept him state-side.
His name was Tom Waller. Not sure if he may have been a member here or not.
My reason for joining is because he recently passed away leaving behind an extensive trophy collection.
My husband and I are keeping a few of his critters but are at a loss on what to do with the rest.
I contacted a large trophy buyer but quite frankly by the time we paid shipping and a commission we would be same as giving them away.
I realize that we will never recoup what Tom had in them.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
Rys
 
What do you have I could be interested in some of these?
 
It might be easier for you to let me know what you're looking for.
We start with antelopes and end with zebras. ; )
If you pm me an email address I can send pictures.
 
Rys I think you would benefit by posting here a list of what you have and then maybe some group pictures of the trophies.
 
Last edited:
Ty's I think you would benefit by posting here a luster of what you have and then maybe some group pictures of the trophies.
I have a list but will have to look for it.
I know we have pretty much all the plains animals. Family is keeping a few.
Will see if I can figure out pictures.
 
Welcome to AH Rys! Feel free to share his trophy collection with us here.
 
Throw the pictures in the thread and some may have suggestions for you or someone may make an offer.

Good luck.
 
Here is a partial list. Not sure of the spelling on some of these:
2 types of Hartebeest
Oryx ( Gemsbok)
Sable
4 kinds of Springbok
Waterbuck
Gazelle
Black Wildebeest
Blue Widldebeest
A third kind/can't remember
Eland
Kudu
Lesser Kudu
Reedbuck
Lechwe- not sure what kind
Duiker
Dik-Dik
Swainson's Spurfowl
Steenbok
Suni
Thompsons Gazelle
Croc- bust mount
Not sure how to post pics. Maybe pm an email address for pics?
 
Niassa, likely.
 
jpegs DRAG AND DROP from your desk top. right into a post.
 
Welcome to AH Rys!
 
Hi Rys, welcome to AH !
 
Best of luck, I always wonder what will happen to my mounts one day too......:cry:
 
Best of luck, I always wonder what will happen to my mounts one day too......:cry:
It's very difficult to put a price on a lifetimes worth of passion.
We've tried to pick the pieces that most made us think of Tom to remember him by.
 
I'm sure it was....
 
Welcome to AH Rys!
 
Welcome and good luck with that awesome trophy collection... it really is a great collection and I can imagine the stories if they could talk!!!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,282
Messages
1,571,657
Members
169,390
Latest member
NTVReyes77
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top