Greatings from the EC

Rockwoods

New member
Joined
May 3, 2011
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Media
1
Hi all,

My name is Dave and i am from the eastern cape of south africa.

I am not a ph but have the benefit of living on a privately owned game farm, i am the builder and keep our properties up to scratch for the guys that come visit our hunting lodge.

I have been hunting for a few years, but never really took my shooting seriously until recently.

I have now started to save up to buy my own rifle and hope to possibly take my shooting and hunting to a new level for me.

The farm i live on is fabulous the game side of it is roughly 56 000 acres, i stand corrected on actual size, but its freekin huge, then we have a commercial side of about 15 000 acres mostly farming Brahman cattle.
i wont mention the farm name as i am not part of the marketing side or the hunting side of the outfit, but i will say that i have rhino in my yard nightly and they bugger up our vehicle constantly and our walls.

I live a wonderful life here and hope i can relay a few stories about my journey in furthering my hunting.

Thank you all and have a great day.
 
Welcome to AH Rockwoods!
 
Welcome to the forum, Dave.
 
Welcome Rockwoods to AH!
 
Thanks for the welcome, my head is in overload from all the info on this site.
 
Welcome, add some stories when you can.
You are very lucky in my estimation to live where you do.
For me it is very amusing to hear someone being annoyed by Rhinos in the yard!
 
Welcome, add some stories when you can.
You are very lucky in my estimation to live where you do.
For me it is very amusing to hear someone being annoyed by Rhinos in the yard!

HA ha yeah they get up everywhere, you would be surprised how brazen they are, even lost some clothing to them hooking it off the washing line.

it is a great life, this morning i woke up to wildebeest and impala in the yard eating the freshly cut grass, yesterday afternoon was spent watching giraffe and rhino walking around the camp in front of the house.
when i have some time i will try take some photo,s but i have a crap camera so they wont be the best distance pics
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,281
Messages
1,571,571
Members
169,373
Latest member
MatthewHal
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top