Reaction score
Website
ss.globalrescue.com
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Member of
Safari Club International, Dallas Safari Club, Grand Slam Club/Ovis
Global Rescue submitted a new resource: Global Rescue - Worldwide Emergency Evacuation and Field Rescue, Anytime Anywhere - Read more about this resource...

This is an informative ongoing and open discussion thread with Global Rescue. Members can ask questions and others can see your answers which can be beneficial for frequently asked questions without needing to answer multiple times.

Last edited by a moderator:

10 Reasons You Need A Travel Protection Membership​

get-a-global-rescue-membership.jpg

You’ve traveled before with no incidents. Why do you need a travel membership today? Here are 10 ways a travel membership can have your back.

1. You Are Ill or Injured While Traveling​

A travel protection membership evacuates members from the point of illness or injury to the nearest appropriate hospital, clinic, or medical provider.

2. You Need to be Transferred to a Different Care Facility​

medical-transfer.jpg
Perhaps the hospital doesn’t provide the care you need. A travel protection membership can transport members to a vetted medical center or their home hospital of choice.

“The closest medical facility isn’t always the right one. Global Rescue gets you to the most appropriate hospital for your illness or injury,” said Dan Stretch, operations manager at Global Rescue.

3. You Have a Medical Question​

Sometimes you just have a question about a symptom. Available 24/7/365, a travel protection membership team can direct you to the best local medical resources around the world so you are not left guessing about how to best address your health concern.

“Our team of medical professionals includes paramedics, nurses, and doctors. We handle calls for cuts and stomach upsets to more severe illnesses and injuries, like chest pains and serious trauma,” said Michael Lovely, operations supervisor at Global Rescue.

4. You Have a Travel Question​

travel-question.jpg
How do I replace my stolen passport? Where is the nearest pharmacy? Travel questions are answered by in-house experts on your first call.

“The process to get an appointment for passport replacement could take weeks. The Global Rescue team handled it completely, got it hammered out within a couple of hours, and got me into the embassy for an urgent passport replacement appointment,” said Maredith Richardson whose passport was stolen in France.

5. There’s a Terror Attack or Civil Unrest​

One call, email, or in-app message will put you in touch with a security team with years of military special operations expertise to provide the best advice for your situation.

“You can’t just have one plan. You need to have secondary and tertiary plans in place. We develop redundant air providers and ground options for operations related to civil unrest or terrorism. Just in case,” said Harding Bush, a former Navy SEAL and associate manager operation for Global Rescue.

6. A Tragedy Happens​

Death overseas is not a frequent occurrence, but a mortal remains transport is a service included in the membership.

“Every travel adventure comes with risks including the ultimate hazard, the loss of life. It’s rare but it happens, and when it does, surviving loved ones face a slew of end-of-life tasks, including how to bring the deceased back home from their trip. Having mortal remains transport services as part of your travel protection saves your family and friends time, money, paperwork, and unnecessary guesswork under duress,” said Bill McIntyre, Global Rescue communications director.

7. You Need Coronavirus Testing Before, During, and After Travel​

A travel protection membership can help travelers find coronavirus-capable hospitals and testing facilities.

“A member traveling with his family called on Global Rescue to help identify local urgent care centers where he and members of his family could be tested for virus antibodies and infection. The Global Rescue medical operations team investigated the area, vetted multiple resources, and provided the member with the needed information,” said Jeff Weinstein, a paramedic and medical operations supervisor for Global Rescue.

8. Your Travel Includes High-Risk Activities​

remote-adventure-travel.jpg
It doesn’t matter if you are climbing Mount Everest, paragliding in the Everglades, or scuba diving off a remote island shore. Membership covers your adventure activities with no limitations.

“We’ve rescued injured climbers stuck in a remote Pakistan mountain range, an adventure racer suffering a dangerous infection in Fiji, a group of Middlebury College students caught up in the civil unrest known as Arab Spring, and honeymooners from Nepal following a massive earthquake,” said Dan Richards, CEO of Global Rescue.

9. One-stop Destination Information​

Travelers don’t have to puzzle together a patchwork of sources to sort out entry requirements, immunization recommendations, or safety levels. A membership includes destination reports for 215 countries with up-to-date travel information — medical, security, and intelligence data — in one place.

“The pandemic has redefined how we travel. Travelers looking to get back on the road are re-examining what precautions and protections they need in the current environment. We know the must-haves for any trip in today’s world,” Weinstein said.

10. Peace of Mind​

With a travel protection services membership, a vacation is truly time to relax, escape and enjoy. Travelers have access to a virtual team of experts: a doctor, a paramedic, a translator, a logistics expert, an intelligence analyst, and a security advisor.

“Global Rescue kept me settled, calm, and informed,” said U.K businessman Michael Blease-Shepley regarding a dangerous quarantine in Nigeria.

It’s no surprise that a Global Rescue travel protection membership can provide assistance for all 10 reasons. It’s the perfect way to travel prepared, no matter where your travels take you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeniseDapl

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross