German hunting help

Hunter Deckard

New member
Joined
May 2, 2019
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
I am a US citizen living on the countryside of Germany for the next year or so and would love to continue hunting while I am here. I was wondering if anyone has been in a similar situation and could help with the laws and how a US citizen can hunt here without having to take the full German „Jagd Schein“. Anything will help and look forward to your responses.

Thank in advance
Hunter L. Deckard
 
Where are you located ?
When you get an (rare) Invitation from a concessionholder, or Government Forest ,you get normally a "Tagesjagdschein-Daily Hunting License"
valid 14 days from the special office,so called Landratsamt(district office ? ),Untere Jagdbehörde.
When you are in the army ,it seems easier to handle your gun.
The storage regulations are very strict in D.
Tell us more and Im looking forward to help you.
Foxi
 
Living there, I am sure you have discovered there is no such thing as “public land”. You would have to be invited, and as Foxi suggests, developing those sorts of relationships with revier owners is difficult and takes time. Much like developing a relationship with a lease holder here, except they are far fewer, and you have a cultural divide to overcome as well. Then you would have to know your way around the bureaucracy to obtain a temporary license. All of that is a pretty steep hill to climb.

In your situation, and assuming you aren’t military, it is likely your best option would be to book a hunt through one of the outfitter’s who specialize in European hunting. For instance, i’ll Be hunting boar and roe deer in Austria in September, and am using Bob Kern’s The Hunting Consortium. It is not a cheap solution, but it is a solution. Obviously, they handle permits and the like and at least you won’t have an airfare bill. (y)
 
Hello! Thank you both for all your help already. Im not sure what a concessionholder is but I may know one. ich lebe in der Nähe von Nauen, Brandenburg. Ich Arbeit auch hier, und meine Chef hat einen freund der ein Jäger ist. I know he leases a bunch of land and from what I’ve
Understood then people come and hunt the animals the he needs to harvest.
 
Ask the Stadtförster(forestranger of the town Nauen) mr. Meyer im Rathaus (cityhall) der Stadt Nauen
cellphone: 0174/ 38 785 54
so he can help you .
Its a first step,than we will see.
Regards
Foxi
 
I contacted Herr Meyer yesterday. He was very helpful and gave me the number of the Amt that issues the permits. So I will call Monday and hopefully get started! Thanks all again!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,308
Messages
1,572,395
Members
169,558
Latest member
Joneseleepe
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top