G5 T3 Expandable for Bow Hunting Plains Game

Can't wait for the report. Looks like the T3 did the trick. Nothing to report yet on my elk hunt with the NAPs. Got pushed out of our area by wildfires, so I'll have to hope I can get back out and give you a report. Great looking Kudu @50by50 !

Can't wait for the report. Looks like the T3 did the trick. Nothing to report yet on my elk hunt with the NAPs. Got pushed out of our area by wildfires, so I'll have to hope I can get back out and give you a report. Great looking Kudu @50by50 !

Hey Lrntolive- that sucks the fires have pushed you out of your elk area. Hopefully you can get back in there! Keep us in the loop.

maybe you can use a heavier arrow (near 500 grains) and an expandable broadhead to get the best of both worlds (penetration and good flight) ?;)
I'm buying a new arrow setup for my next trip to africa, i'm going to try a 480 grains arrow at 300 fps (I used a 680 at 245 the last trip) with a mechanical head (GR)

Shoot Synergy- if you're getting 300 fps with a 480 grain arrow, your kinetic energy is almost 96 (incidentally it's about the same as what you were getting last time with the heavier arrow going slower so this makes a lot of sense to lighten the arrow setup and get to the target faster).

A lot of guys don't get that a 450 grain arrow going 250 fps has a lot less energy than a 400 grain arrow going 295 feet per second. So giving up speed to increase weight only makes sense up to a point. Sounds like you found the best of both worlds. You must have really long arms or he-man muscles.

With my set up I was getting about a 76 in kinetic energy. My bow was maxed out but I agree- I need a bow that can fling a 450 grain arrow at 300 fps. That would be sweet.

KE isn't the only thing to be considered, momentum also should be factored in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lepani

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!