Francois Lake, B.C.

Daryl S

AH fanatic
Joined
Dec 8, 2025
Messages
745
Reaction score
1,048
Location
P.G. B.C. Canada
Member of
P.G. R&G Club
Hunted
Saskawatchewan, Ontario, British Columbia
Picked up a few lake trout (char) this year, when jigging and trolling.
4lbs 4oz, 8 pounds and 16lbs3oz.
Here 's the 16lb3oz.

20260623_091111.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
A 10#12oz yesterday. I was out on the lake less than 25 minutes.
Someone has to do it! My view from under the canopy.
Francois Lake is 68 miles long, running basically East / West. Deepest spot is just over 900' deep.
I.like to troll for lake trout at 50' to 70', where I catch most of my Lakers/Char.
 

Attachments

  • 20260706_114125.jpg
    20260706_114125.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 74
  • 20260612_185617.jpg
    20260612_185617.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 92
Last edited:
Hello Daryl & well done sir! I'll try to look you up next time we're at our cabin on the West end across from Noralee. That will be towards the end of August I expect. You could teach me a few things about catching lake trout ( or Char as they're called locally) and I can share some stories from Mozambique where I'm headed next week. Cheers!
 
Best wishes on your African trip. Bottom bouncing also works well later in the season. My "spot" is A5, beside the big weeping willow tree. PREMIER "lodge".
Daryl
 
This was my buddy's grandson's with his first char this year. 11#10oz.
 

Attachments

  • IMG-20260713-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20260713-WA0000.jpg
    502 KB · Views: 40
Nice fish! some huge burbot in that lake too
 
Yes, there are. I've only seen up to 8 pounds for the ling.
 
Tks, gave the cleaned fish to my neighbour's here at the lake. I thought it would be oily, the big complaint about big char. The lady said the BQ'd it and it wasn't oily. I had cut off the belly from the tib tips down. That was a 1/2" of fat.
 
The 10#12oz is in the freezer at home, with head, weighing just over 8 pounds cleaned, WITHOUT the belly and too long to fit vertically. Oh well.
 
Now I know to keep char up to 16lbs. Just cut the belly off.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,308
Messages
1,572,413
Members
169,565
Latest member
LoreneDand
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top