Found Brno 375H&H

Fr8liner

AH veteran
Joined
Nov 14, 2014
Messages
181
Reaction score
142
Looking for some help with a 1994 Brno in 375 H&H
There is no model stamped on the rifle anywhere so all I have is the year.
Beautiful piece of wood looks like more than the ordinary CZ / BRNO
Safety on the right with back to fire forward for safe
What model would this be ?
Opinions pros and cons.
Thanks in advance
 
Sounds like the 602 all right, but odd that it isn't so marked, never seen one that wasn't. How about a pic? Excellent rifle by the way.
 
Do you have a picture of the rifle?
 
Great rifle, real strange not stamped.
 
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
When you take the scope off the model will be stamped on the front receiver. Some of the Brno's had great wood. I saw pics of a 602 that Joel Dorleac had restored, it was amazing.
 
Great rifles, the 602's !
Congrats, you found a beaut.
Would make a good platform for a custom if you don't fit the current stock, otherwise go ahead and hunt it as it is and make some memories.
 
This barrel is 22 inch - which seems short.
What would it have been from factory ?
 
Great rifle. Never sell it. Hard to find and the action is a beauty.
 
What Code 4 said. Looks like it has done some work, would be good if it could talk. The previous owner may of been using it in thick country so shortened the barrel.
 
Is there a way to change the safety around to work what would be normal for me - fire forward safe back ?
Secondly I read a lot about the trigger needing work, can someone elaborate
Thanks all
 
Gentry might make a Model 70 style shroud for ZKK rifles.
 
Agree that under the fwd mount will be the model stamp. As far as the trigger goes, how does it feel to you? It only needs work if you don't like it. It may have a set feature, push it fwd and see if clicks, if so its set, but one doesn't have to use that feature if not wanted. Front sight would have been banded as issued so surely was cut. Too short for my tastes but 25 is pretty long too. The safety can be dealt with too, don't recall how but some have done it. Were it mine I would give it to a smith to do so it is still safe to use. Triple River Gunsmiths work on these rifles.
 
Fr8liner, the ZKK 602 is a real gem...a magnum Mauser for a song..I hunt with two, one in .375H&H and one in .458Win. (will become a .458 Lott..). Both mine are restocked with more straight stocks...that reduces muzzle jump significantly...that bavarian stock tends to "roll" during recoil and produce muzzle jump..

I also recommend to rebuild the bolt to a M70 safety....I did that to my .458 and the .375 will follow..
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,356
Messages
1,574,063
Members
169,895
Latest member
PatriceWal
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

jnelson wrote on Jjhog's profile.
might think about getting these bullets to me
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top